2002 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
What's not to like.
By jdk on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I was asked if I like my X5 and my reply was "what's not to like". As in true BMW form the X5 is a fine automobile. I have nothing bad to say about this car and mostly superlatives when talking about it. The 4.4i engine is responsive and fast. The transmission is smooth as silk and matches perfectly to the engine.

satisfied
By arh on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Replaced my 2001 3.0 premium with a 2002 3.0 w sport pkg. Like the improved ride and handling.

Most fun car I have ever owned or driven
By sreev on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This car is pure fun!

BMW Fan Forever!
By CD on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I am never going to drive any other brand from now on. I love it, love it, love it! Although it may seem very pricey, it is well worth it. It has all the makings of a dream machine: speed, agility, luxury, and toys galore!(I'm still finding little perks here and there). I got it with the Xenon lights, heated seats and steering wheels,auto-dim mirror and moonroof, all pricey features but you won't regret it because they are oh so nice! This car does all the thinking for you on the maintenance factor, all you have to do is enjoy the drive!

BMW Fan Forever!
By cd on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

SPORT activity vehicle
By Cohlmia on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The BMW X5 is the most wonderful car on the market. All its styles are praised for accenting the characteristics of a Sport Activity Vehicle. If one is looking for a bullet-proof truck with the ablility to compete with luxury sedans and sports cars in the same price range, this well built German beast is worth consideration. Needless to say, the X5 has a distinct lead on all SUVs in the world. The BMW X5 truly is an outstanding SAV. If it were up to me I would put it in its own category: SSAV(Sporty Sport Activity Vehicle).

Best SUV By Far
By Ax on 03/12/02 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent on highway or city. I had a 5 series sedan and the X5 compares very favorably on driving fun but I can also throw my bike in it as well as on top. AWD will take you anywhere a sane person should go. If you can afford the entry price and the maintenance get one.

Exhilerating
By Just Do It on 03/10/02 23:52 PM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned M-Benz' in the past and then bought a 2000 528iT and thought that was simply incredible. But the X5 is awesome, simply awesome. Its exterior design is simply breath taking. But wait till you slip behind the wheel. All I can say is that you are in complete control driving the X5 whether you're taking it easy at 45mph or hauling at 105. If you have never been in love you will be now. DRIVE THE X5, OWN AN X5, AND LIVE WITH AN X5!!!

Powerful Muscle SAV
By David Wong on 03/07/02 18:56 PM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Power, Fun, & Excitment. That's all in this SAV!

2001 X5 3.0I
By jmoriarty on 03/06/02 21:52 PM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Doesn't start on first turn of key about 40% of time. My 20K Honda always starts on first turn. Dealer doesn't recognize problem. Window Shade clips break easy..poor design. 2001 model assumes that casette tapes are in and thus provide storage for them...Car is loaded with features..Navigation system is difficult to turn off(voice) once it is on. Computer infor system loses its brain occasionally requiring user to inout the dates/times,etc. I reported this but BMW can't find the bug......