2001 BMW X5 Consumer Review: We must've been lucky...

2001 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

We must've been lucky...
By LOVE MY X5 on

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've now had our X5 for almost 2 years. We love it! I'm not sure what the others, including Consumer Reports, are talking about with all of their problems. Since we've had our car, it has NEVER been in the shop for any problems except for service maintenance (knock on wood). We love the the power of the 3.0 and the gas mileage (around 450mi to the tank). It's a great car to drive and being ranked #1 in safety keeps me at rest in a world with some irresponsible drivers. I agree with all the positive comments in the other posted messages (no need to repeat what has already been said).

Acceleration, Handling, Safety features, looks (inside and out), Sport Package - nice tight suspension!, and just about everything else!

Premium sound needs more juice! The bass is very weak for having being powered by an amp and for having 2 subs. Also, the rear seat could be a little more comfy -- but, who cares?! I'm not sitting back there - I'm DRIVING!