2001 BMW X5 Consumer Review: The Best Value SUV Used. Nothi

2001 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

4.4i 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

The Best Value SUV Used. Nothing Better!
By James .D on

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have had two 01 BMW x5 4,4's and I never had any real issues with them. The first X5 was bought used at 49k and I had the lower control arms changed under warranty. I had it until 79k and nothing else but oil changes were done. I sold it and bought the same model with 69k and every single option as the other was just a 4.4 with no extra options. I had to change the AC Climate control module. I did the repair in 15 minutes. At 78k just did front brakes and coolant flush. I do not baby my vehicles and both x5's have held up very well in NYC. If you want an SUV that handles and drives great, this is it!

Wow the engine, get the 4.4 if possible! Quiet and very smooth ride. Classic Style looks better than new BMW's. Options really make it much better, cold weather package, xenons, premium sound, NAV, PDC, Heated steering wheel, sunroof, I paid 23k Orginal price 69k ouch! Used is sweet!

Fuel economy 15MPG in the city. Nav interface seems ancient. Only Automatic on v8 model, Nice trans though. Why is EVERYTHING plastic! It's like every car is made of plastic now. My 5X and Camaro are full of it, plastic radiators scare me. CD-r's skip in changer. Base engine is kinda week