I'm In Love
By mom68 on
2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
We just bought this BMW, which is our first jump from Volvo into any other vehicle in over 15 years. We were blown away by the performance of the engine, the luxury of the interior and how an SUV (don't care if BMW calls it an SAV or not, it's still an SUV) actually handles like a car. God willing, we're going to remain BMW owners for a long time. We bought an extended warranty at the dealer, as we've read here at Edmunds that repairs can become an issue. If you find a good used one like we did our pristine "new" x5, buy it. I'm blown away each time I get in the car at how well it's made. Even down to the alarm key. We loved BMW so much, we ran out and bought a 740i for the husband the next weekend.
Favorite Features
The driving experience on the highway (we drive mostly highway miles) is really exceptional. The kids have the DVD system in the rear and I can still enjoy music in the front part of the cabin. The rear climate controls! The netting in the rear windows! Wow! Great attention to detail BMW.
Suggested Improvements
As everyone notes, fix the cup holders, making the two in front usable for two cups. Cargo room lacks a bit, but honestly driving this x5 is an absolute joy.