2001 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Best of the Best
By jordie9 on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Brought a used x5 with 27000k it is like a new car. Drove it to N.C. 4x's since brought. Should have broght one years ago. Noything but smiles here. Although they sold me the car saying it had sports suspension... it does not. Still happy they will make it up

well worth the money
By edmunds user on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The best car i have ever had ,such a fun car to drive , safe , comfortable, chic,the best suv of all

An out performed vehicle with poor rest
By Bliu on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Its performance is rated at best compare to the other cars I've driven. The handling is awsome. It's a beautiful car from the outside, but terrible from the inside. There are lack of gadgets and toys compare to the Japanese vehicles. However, since I bought this car, I had to take a day off work at least once every other months to take it back to the dealership for service. My window broke 3 times. It doesn't roll up and down. The light gets burned out. The fuse burned out. I can give you a long list, but you get the idea. So if you are willing to deal with the problems just so that you can have an out performed car, than this car is for you.

2001 BMW X5 3.0I Excellent Ve
By X5Man on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my X5 for over 1 year. In my opinion, the vehicle has excellent handling in heavy rain as well as dry pavement. The car has precision steering and is very stable under emergency turns and maneuvering specially at high speeds; much more stable than the Chevy Tahoe, Grand Cherokee & Explorer. The seats are very comfortable and the cabin is quite both attributes induce less fatigue during long trips.

We must've been lucky...
By LOVE MY X5 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've now had our X5 for almost 2 years. We love it! I'm not sure what the others, including Consumer Reports, are talking about with all of their problems. Since we've had our car, it has NEVER been in the shop for any problems except for service maintenance (knock on wood). We love the the power of the 3.0 and the gas mileage (around 450mi to the tank). It's a great car to drive and being ranked #1 in safety keeps me at rest in a world with some irresponsible drivers. I agree with all the positive comments in the other posted messages (no need to repeat what has already been said).

V8 s/b more fun
By ciaomingming on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great vehicle. wish it is as powerful as the v8, especially with its fuel economy.

2001 BMW X5 3.0
By larryone on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Handling and build quality are the most outstanding features of this vehicle. Aside from the limited space aft and poor AM/FM radio, the X5 exudes a sense being sure footed and coveys confidence in its ability to cope with any all-road conditions, be it ice, snow, standing rain, etc. The most stable , best handling vehicle in the catagory that we have owned, (Jeep Grand Cheroke, Ford Explorer, Pathfinder SE).

It doesn't get any better
By Dave Jensen on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The looks of this vehicle alone, both inside and out, sold me up front. Then I drove it and it is really an awesome machine!

Dream car.
By thevman on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car from day one, and over a year later, still love it. I initially test drove the Acura MDX (several times), and even had a deposit on one. I drove the X5 once, and immediately canceled my MDX order. It handles like a dream, has enough pep off the line, and the major components are of quality build. People always comment on the heaviness of the doors upon first entering, and there is an overall "sturdy" feel.

Best car ever
By tw on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the ultimate vehicle.