Used 2001 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Love My BMW
By GNASBMW

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I love to drive it. It goes so fast! It makes me feel like a race car driver. It is beautiful too. The only thing I would change if given the chance is the lack of a drink holder. There is one but it is really small. It is right in the center, behind the gear shift. It has a lid and use that compartment for storage of loose change.

Woodgrain trim, leather seats, acceleration is awesome.

Only drink holders.

Love my X5!!
By nubian02

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a Certified Pre Owned X5, and I must say that I have only one regret. This car does not have the cargo space that I would have really needed. But the ride, the fuel efficiency, and the quality of the service that I receive when I go to the dealer has me hooked on BMW for life!

It goes!

Improve Cargo space!

Windows
By Daljinder

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great but I am having a problem with it. 3 of the 4 windows has already stoped working and fixed. The cooling system got all messed up on the highway. I have to get it towed. Water pump, radiator, hoses, builts etc were shot. It cost me over $1800. They are telling me that it has a problem of overheating....what..? It seems that my SUV is in the shop every month. I lost a confidence in the car. Any one having a problem like this or it was just my luck..?

It drives steady when runs...

You spend so much money to treat yourself with BMW...there shouldn't be that many expensive repairs so soon..

BMW World
By mneal

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the bmw and was in love from the first time i rocketed away. The pick and top speed of (234 km/h) was great and this is the 3.0 liter. the braking is EXCELLENT and the turning great too! Overall you think you are in a sports car and the handling is stiff and reactionary. If you want a mean machine that can get you here to there in style and comfort then this is the year and the model to get , better on gas then the 4.4 and 4.6, 4.8 aswell. Holds its price too!

overall car and back up tilting mirrors to see the curb

better response on the manual transmission gearing

Great vehicle after 15K
By Big tires

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it as a Certified Preowned with 25K on it. It is the most desirable SUV in its class. After several road trips with a baby, we like its safety features, ability to get places quickly and decent fuel mileage. There are some electrical gremlins that I can not duplicate for the dealer that only happen 20% of the time.

Transmission is the smoothest and most "read your mind" operating unit that I have ever driven. It makes my Dad's RX300 feel like a Ford. Steering at any road speed is well weighted and precise. Much better than any other SUV on the market.

Some plastic interior parts seem cheap. Rear heat and air controls are just a "vent" with a fan speed.