2001 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
MercedesML Vs. BMW X5
By Brianthebroker on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The best thing I ever did was trading my 2000 ML430 for an X5 3.0 liter. The ML is the WORST CAR I have ever owned, it spent more time in the shop than I drove it. After owning the X5 for several months I have had not one problem with it. It is the best driving SUV in its class. Also it looks the best too. Its like a tank driving in the rain and a 5 series on dry pavement. The V6 BMW has more power than my V8 4.3 liter Mercedes. Oh yeah, it uses less gas than the ML as well. I've already decided in 2005 I will be leasing another one. TRULY THE BEST SUV....

X5 Review
By Al2002 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle will do anything that a SUV is suppose to do. Its priced similar to the Chevy Tahoe and yet drives like a sports car. I really like mine.

THE SUV OF DREAMS
By MUKA97 on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

OVERALL THIS IS THE BEST SUV I HAVE EVER DRIVEN COMPARED TO ALL THE HIGHLINE SUV.

X-5 4.4i
By Addy on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the X-5 for 2 months and the driver side window had to be repaired. The coolant warning keeps coming up although the BMW dealership says there is nothing wrong. Also had to get knob for the radio controls changed. Car is still under warranty so was covered for everything. Will probably get anxious when the warranty runs out in a couple of months.

All kinds of weather it holds the road.
By scootrbear on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you live in an area as I do with plenty of snow/rain and steep hills, this is the vehicle for you and your family. My first experience with BMW and it has made me a BMW owner for life.

Solid Feel
By bgrand1 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. Very responsive and fun to drive. The all-wheel drive system provides very solid manueverability and handling in turns. Both interior and exterior fit and finish are outstanding. My experience with the dealer was also very positive.

My Blue BMW - Just Awesome!!!
By gregdeir on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This SAV is truly a truck wrapped in luxurious clothing. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this vehicle. It has lots of power, a nice stereo system, and quality construction. Would recommend for those who desire to be among the best on the road in any type of weather.

BEST SUV I'VE OWNED
By GODIVE3 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2001 X5 3.0 I own has been the best Suv I've owned and they include pathfinders, Durangos, Explorers and Escalades. The blend of Size and performance reminds me more of a five series sedan then a SUV. It could use a bit more cargo capacity but I have more then adapted to that. Ride comfort is excellent and the power and handling on the highway are outstanding. I compared the Mercedes, Land Rover and Lexus before purchasing and was more impressed by the Style, price and performance of the X5

Knifeman's X5
By Knifeman on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the smoothest road car we have ever owned. It is far superior to anything designed in Detroit. I am considering buying a second to use on my daily commute. Fuel mileage is not as good as I wish it was, but comfort and reliability make up for this slight weakness. The car is a bit expensive to maintain, but we are very happy with it.

Great car
By CDF on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only issue we have had with this suv is that the bulbs blow every other month in the front headlights (not Xenon). The dealer replaces them with no problem - just drive up and they'll come outand pop in new bulbs. Other than that, it is a great car.