Used 2001 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

All kinds of weather it holds the road.
By scootrbear

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you live in an area as I do with plenty of snow/rain and steep hills, this is the vehicle for you and your family. My first experience with BMW and it has made me a BMW owner for life.

You can feel the road as you drive in all conditions.

Sunlight blocks the radio/time screen.

Solid Feel
By bgrand1

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. Very responsive and fun to drive. The all-wheel drive system provides very solid manueverability and handling in turns. Both interior and exterior fit and finish are outstanding. My experience with the dealer was also very positive.

Handling characteristics. Visibility

None

My Blue BMW - Just Awesome!!!
By gregdeir

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This SAV is truly a truck wrapped in luxurious clothing. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this vehicle. It has lots of power, a nice stereo system, and quality construction. Would recommend for those who desire to be among the best on the road in any type of weather.

Quietness of the interior; BMW styling; the Xenon lights are fabulous; and the spare key is fully functioned!

Move the hazard lights button to another location. Too easily activated if a woman is digging in her purse. The turn signal is noisy but provides good excuse to turn up the radio! Also, add an adjustable accelerator pedal.

BEST SUV I'VE OWNED
By GODIVE3

2001 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2001 X5 3.0 I own has been the best Suv I've owned and they include pathfinders, Durangos, Explorers and Escalades. The blend of Size and performance reminds me more of a five series sedan then a SUV. It could use a bit more cargo capacity but I have more then adapted to that. Ride comfort is excellent and the power and handling on the highway are outstanding. I compared the Mercedes, Land Rover and Lexus before purchasing and was more impressed by the Style, price and performance of the X5

Style, Handling, Comfort

More cargo room, better storage in the center console

Knifeman's X5
By Knifeman

2001 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the smoothest road car we have ever owned. It is far superior to anything designed in Detroit. I am considering buying a second to use on my daily commute. Fuel mileage is not as good as I wish it was, but comfort and reliability make up for this slight weakness. The car is a bit expensive to maintain, but we are very happy with it.

Comfort, Reliability