2000 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

4.4i 4.4L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )
Worst car or truck I have ever owned!
By tomwillard on 08/30/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned 6 different 3s and bought the suv for my wife because she wanted a suv. I have had good luck with my other BMWs but this X5 was the worst thing I have ever owned. It does have power and does drive more like a sports car then a suv but the thing was the worst built car I have ever owned. Everything that could go wrong has. I had a few friends that worked at the dealership and they told me they are junk but I already had purchased it and was stuck with it. After I started having problems I did some googleing and found tht everyone has the same problems. I am about to post it on craigslist for parts. I will never own another BMW. Crappy service too.

2000 BMW X5 4.4i AWD Automatic
By X5 Fan on 10/07/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

Finish and quality of materials is first class. Performance is awesome! It handles in curves like any other BMW X5 or X6.

BMW X5 Review
By Bpruett on 12/21/07 18:10 PM (PST)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

This has been a very good car. It now has 120000 miles. The only thing other than reg maint was the transfer case/transaxle was replaced at about 75000 miles. This wasn't under complete warr. BMW shared the cost even though strict maint had been documented. At 117000, I installed a new alternator . It cost 350.00 which was a deal compared to the 750.00 that BMW wanted. I did the labor myself. I repair cars for a living so I keep very good maint schedules on my stuff.

Best Vehicle ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By xmanlos on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

The BMW X5 is attractrive not only for it's safety features but it perfomance. My X5 is scary fast still drives like new and I have never ever had a mechanical issue. I will drive this car as long as I could.

Experience with BMW X-5
By bjam on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

In 4 years and 49000 miles this car has been in the shop for a repair just twice, both under warranty. The car is as tight and fun to drive as the day I bought it. I never keep cars after the warranty has expired, but in this case I am making an exception. I can't find another car I like any better, and it is so good I figure maybe to save a little money and stay with it for another year or so.

Best SUV yet
By dpospres on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

This is the best SUV I have owned yet. A few minor issues, but considering how much is packed into this vehicle, I have no complaints. Extended warranty is probably a great investment. And of course....let's not forget the tax benefits.

X5
By na193 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

I owned a Corvette and a 4X4 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV until I purchased my X-5. The BMW combines both vehicles into one. It handles like the covette and has the utility of the Grand Cherokee. I will never by anything else.

the truth
By mujo on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

car has gone to the shop many times. now i have about 38000 miles rain sensor,door locks,door knob drivers side,front suspension,computer in dash gone bad.All little things. car is under warranty so it is ok but for 57000$ ??????

X5
By MKJ on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

The BMW of sport-utes earns its stripes with outstanding handling and acceleration, coupled with class- leading ride quality and way above average fuel economy. My 2000 has never been in the shop other than for scheduled maintenance. At 42000 miles the tires have another 20,000 in them, and the front brakes were just replaced.

X5 ANOTHER DREAM MACHINE
By ross taylor on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

IT'S A DREAM TO DRIVE WHETHER ITS CROSS TOWN OR CROSS-COUNTRY. TERRIFIC TRACTION IN ALL-TERRAIN. PLENTY OF ROOM TO COMFORTABLY RELAX AND ENJOY THE RIDE. MANUEVERS LIKE THE 5 SERIES SEDAN AND WITH ALL THE PUNCH OF M- SERIES. IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE IT CAN GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!