First Date
By doc417 on
2013 BMW X5 M 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)
I equate my new X5M to a first date with the homecoming queen. The desire was there from afar and now your at her front door. I know...corny analogy but since I just picked up my new carbon black X5 three days ago...we are just getting started. It was east to rate everything excellent because so far it is and I am too giddy to be on the date to spot anything I don't love about the vehicle. The Edmonds review says it all really. Over indulgent? Of course. Do I need 555 HP to haul groceries? Well I don't want the ice cream to melt between store and freezer do I? The new X5M for me is the ultimate driving machine.
Favorite Features
Power..power and still more POWER! Oh, and if you want still a bit more...hit the M button on the steering wheel. The power is totally linear and brutal. I have a 1 liter sports bike and it's similar in that you simply think about a move you want to make and it just sort of happens. And yes...you have a huge grin.
Suggested Improvements
No suggestions just yet but still too new to know what I would like done differently. An M badge on the grill or front somewhere would be nice. Would add a nice little touch of color.