2015 BMW X4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Bmw X4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X4 model:

Not just a pretty face
By abmwfan

2015 BMW X4 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I would never consider the frumpy X3, but this X4 (3.5i MSport) was very appealing. Same platform, very different driving experience. I must be the target X4 niche buyer: partial to BMW's particular driving dynamics and styling, buyer of a mid-sized SUV with emphasis on sport/performance, don't want a boring box-sided SUV, only occasionally use the back seats, early adopter of new technology, willing to pay a little more for performance tuning and less-boring styling.

Favorite Features

Styling is always subjective, but I like it. The X4 doesn't drive like the X3. It has a tighter, firmer, more "beastly" feel. BMW's tuning is evident in throttle response, suspension, steering, transmission, acceleration, etc. Comfort mode drives like sport mode in other BMWs. The dynamic damper option smooths the harshness of the sport package. Rock solid chassis, build quality. Quiet at highway speeds. Supportive sport seats and nice, simple dash lay out. iDrive is excellent. Back seats have more leg room than my 2014 5 series. More than enough cargo space with the seats down. Active cruise and emergency stopping are worthwhile upgrades. Responsive engine/drivetrain. Made in the U.S.

Suggested Improvements

BMW multi-contour seats should be an option. Surround-view and back-up camera should be standard or bundled together in a vehicle with the reduced rear visibility of the X4. Expensive, unnecessary LED lights are not better than xenons. Painful tire tradeoffs: If you want sexy 20" wheels (21" on the 2016 M Performance X4), you get a fair-weather SUV with summer performance run-flat tires that will last ~15k miles. Otherwise, you get run-flat versions of Goodyear Eagle LS tires that are widely reviewed as suffering from frequent failures like sidewall bubbles and poor braking. These outrageously expensive OEM tires either handle poorly or give you an SUV that's only good for dry pavement.

A Distinct Driving Experience
By x4me

2015 BMW X4 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got the car last week and it has been a joy from the moment I open the garage door. I got the XLine in graphite gray and Lighting package, navigation, and parking assist.

Favorite Features

Lighting package, style, driving experience, acceleration, love the rear view which is small and sporty but does not compromise visibility to what matters (to see cars behind you, you do not need to see the sky if F15 is following you) The ride is outstanding, SUV comfort but without the extra hight. Love the split screen in Navigation, can see the map while seeing which media is playing

Suggested Improvements

Navigation voice commands can be improved The interface for navigation can be improved, far from being Apple-like UX The front can be made more aggressive to differentiate from X3 The exhaust style looked nicer on the concept version rear seat leg position, foot needs to go deeper down

Love this car!
By ielshareef

2015 BMW X4 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Just got the car from Bob Smith's Calabasas and I'm loving it. It drives like a dream and has lots of "hybrid" qualities for driving around town without burning a ton of fuel. I called Chase at Edmunds Live Advice and he helped me with numbers that made me feel like I got as good of a deal as I could get on this brand new car. I'm very happy :)

Favorite Features

The style and aesthetics. I was interested in the X5 but it was too big (even though I could have gotten a better deal on the X5, I ended up going with the X4 because of the style.) It's sexy and compact while still rides and feels like an SUV. I can fit my bike in the cargo area with the back seats put down. It's a great car for active, executives types ;)

Suggested Improvements

I would say the only improvement I would suggest is tinting the windows a bit more.