Used 2014 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW X3

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Plenty of power and plenty of fun.
By okruss@sbcglobal.net

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently bought a loaded, low-mileage, certified pre-owned 2014 X3 with the 4 cylinder turbo engine. I was concerned that the 4 cylinder engine would be short on performance. But, that is not the case at all. The car gets up and goes, especially when it's in Sport mode. You don't need the bigger 6 cylinder engine to have fun in this vehicle. I have taken my X3 up into the mountains along with 2 passengers and luggage. It went up the mountain without breaking a sweat. The turbo powered engine along with the 8-speed transmission works flawlessly and always keeps the X3 it's toes. Plus, the handling is amazing. I have owned some sporty coupes over the years, and this X3 feels just as sporty as any on them. I love it!

Very nice and quite expensive with options.
By Russ

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently "test drove" a pre-owned 2014 X3. The dealer was very knowledgeable and we ended up driving about 15 miles during my drive. The car had 34K miles on it, yet it still looked new. The leather seats were in great shape. I have read some articles that mention a firm ride. I have been driving for 45 years and the X1 has one of the nicest (and sportiest) rides of the many vehicles I have driven. The ride was certainly not overly firm. In fact, it was downright fun. When the rear seats are folded, there is a surprising amount for room. If you want to have a little fun while driving your small SUV, this is the one to get. I just wish the new models weren't so expensive. Forty-five to fifty-five thousand is a lot of money for a small SUV, regardless of how nice it is. BTW: I did not reply to all of ratings because I did not have the opportunity to try all of them.

Great Compromise
By poppy42

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife wanted a mid size SUV which was NOT front wheel drive or front wheel biased.
This pretty much directed us to Audi Q5, BMW X3and Mercedes GLK350.
Each had its strong points, but the BMW X3 had the most useable space and no real negatives.
We're very happy with our decision. Ours was pretty well optioned and had the highest sticker price of the 3, but with USAA and BMW incentives, wound up the least expensive.
The base engine has plenty of zip and is reasonably fuel efficient (not quite up to EPA estimates, but still not bad).
It handles nicely on the road.
If I did not drive a Mercedes E350 Sport, I'm sure I would be more effusive in my praise of the X3

Keyless Go is a convenience we have grown to consider essential. And the usable space, the defining factor in our choice, is just great. It's hard to believe that it is only slightly smaller than the 2001 X5 we had.

The base sound system, which we have, is really pedestrian. I love music and the base system just sounds flat. It's a good thing this is my wife's car as she doesn't listen to music while driving.

Offer an upgrade for back seats!
By bben

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have now owned my car for three months.
Over-all I really like it and love the way it looks.
It is $10,000 less than the Mercedes and I think it's a better deal.
However, the back seat is very uncomfortable on trips.
I also disagree with those who say there is plenty of room in the back seat.

I wish BMW would offer an option for the same quality of seat contract in the back as they have in the front.
Other than that, I can find little wrong with this car.
I also love my dealership (Daytona Beach Fields BMW).

Fantastic all purpose vehicle
By heiko1

2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Very impressed with this 3.5 x3 after one month, the heads up display along with steering wheel voice command and what is now a very easy to use i drive system make it very simple to drive the vehicle, change radio, adjust navigation etc without removing your eyes from the road.
Suspension and engine are amazing, if you can avoid the hilarity of flooring it, the vehicle gets reasonably impressive fuel mileage.
Build quality is top notch and I like the fact that the styling is very conservative.
With all the fun stuff, doubtful that anything short of the new Porsche can match it for speed agility and functionality.

Engine and suspension are amazing, idrive and tech treatment may be closing in on perfect, cant imagine driving something with clumsy tech at this point. Very spacious interior and with the nifty trailer hitch, it will tow 3500 pounds. Thought I needed something bigger but I am glad I didnt buy something bigger.

None known as of this point in time.