WOW sports car with a back pack!
By msbeanz on
2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
Bought this in alpine white on black and I call it my new spaceship. I also test drove the 3L engine but the 2L seemed lighter and much more responsive, not to mention for '13 both models have the same horsepower and torque! I traded in a Nissan Juke which was truly just a joke, super small, not safe, tiny 9 gal gas tank, no hatch space for a big grocery trip unless you put both rear seats down etc.. so this was a giant upgrade with absolutely no regrets!!! I wasnt a huge fan of run flats due to their cost if you even run over a nail, but i'm starting to be a fan of how thick they are for any bumps in the road, you feel practically nothing! To assure myself, I bought the extra tire warranty.
Favorite Features
Back up camera and sensors, mirrors fold in with one button ( otherwise I wouldnt fit into my garage) panoramic sun roof! wow cant wait for my baby to be born and check that out! Good size gas tank, all the safety features, and just plain weight and build of the body, they know how to make a strong sturdy machine. Run flats are very dense so you feel hardly any bumps or holes in the road. I love that you can play with the nav or go on the internet while driving, most cars only let you while you are stopped. Great entertainment for my hubby while I drive :)
Suggested Improvements
The start/stop function is interesting to say the least, have to still get used to it. Thankfully it has an off button should I get tired of it, but you have to press it every time you start the car to turn this function off. My suggestion would be to have it shut off at 5sec not 3sec, but it does save gas if you can handle the slight jerk every time before you accelerate. Why the unlock button is in the middle of the dash is odd since the rest of the door/window buttons are on the side panel. The shifter is also something to get used to, to park you press a button, same for the E brake. Not all models come with key less entry! What a shame BMW! No Sirius/XM either! really for 48K? come on!