2013 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Wish I hadn't bought this car

2013 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

Wish I hadn't bought this car
By missmyscout on

2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I "upgraded" from a Volvo XC90 2.0T to a BMW X3 because I wanted something, smaller, zippier, and with modern electronics (bluetooth, ipod interface, & nav).
Well, I did get smaller.
Prefer my old Volvo or my husband's new Subaru Outback.
Not pleased with:
Back hatch doesn't not close well - half the time I get a message that the back hatch is open after I close it with the push button.
Electronics are "fussy" to use - you can use the joystick on the center console to go to radio or ipod, but you still need to turn the sound knob on the dash to "on".
Why two steps?
And why does BMW make "Park" a separate button on the transmission stick from Reverse & Drive?
TG it's a lease.

- live traffic with Nav - peace of mind with BMW assistance (like OnStar) - size is great - smaller SUV with functionality of bigger car

- Ride is very bouncy for a luxury car - I like some "feel of the road", but this is oddly springy and bouncy. - Seats are not great for a tall person - top back of the seat curves forward and hits my shoulderblades pushing me forward into a hunched person. - Media & Radio are displayed on the view screen separately for sound - still need to turn on sound knob on dash when you switch over by joystick on center console. Why two steps? - Why a two step "off" button? Worried I am going to leave the car running

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review