Satisfied 2013 X3 Customer
By on
2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I researched options for a "retirement" SUV that would satisfy my need for utility and enjoyable driving at the same time--the BMW X3 has met my expectations in every way. The car handles like a sports car, carries 5 adults comfortably and accomodates my bicycle as I find places to use my new free time. I was a bit concerned about the power of the 4 cylinder engine but it has ample power with the Turbo assist. The buying experiences with client advisor Lonnie Overby was a "no pressure" and pleasant experience in every way, and I would recommend him to anyone.
Favorite Features
I thoroughly enjoy the handling ability of the X3 and after 400 miles of driving, I averaged 24mpg. I feel a since of security ahead for Winter driving with the 4-wheel drive capability.
Suggested Improvements
The automatic engine shutoff to conserve fuel takes some getting used to and I'm concerned that the continuous shutoff of the engine, prompted by a prolonged stop might eventually wear down the starter--this is my only concern about the vehicle but it does carry a 4-year/50k mile warranty. The car runs on "run flat" tires and does not carry a spare--I suggest purchasing the tire replacement insurance or BMW could include this in the price of the Auto.