Nice but very fragile
By ngrigoriev on
2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
In 5 months after buying it I had to visit the dealership more times than in 4 years with my Mitsubishi Outlander! Something is constantly wrong with this car. But the last drop was it failed to start for the second time when it was cold outside, after(!) half of the trip to the school with the baby! I am no longer planning to keep it as it is simply unreliable. Yes, it gets fixed for free but what about my time and the inconvenience? Now it is sitting at the dealership and will be there for 2 weeks until they get a part, I am driving the loaner :(
Favorite Features
Engine, transmission - excellent. Interior, seats - very nice. Steering - I like it, some people seem not to.
Suggested Improvements
Just making the car as reliable as Toyota (just using an example) would be a good start. Who needs all these fancy things if you get stuck in -26C outside with BMW Roadside Assistance not responding because they are overloaded? Also the quality of the software and navigation system is way below my expectations, it is very outdated. Especially the NAV system.