2013 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Nice but very fragile

2013 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

2013 BMW X3

Nice but very fragile
By ngrigoriev on

2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

In 5 months after buying it I had to visit the dealership more times than in 4 years with my Mitsubishi Outlander! Something is constantly wrong with this car. But the last drop was it failed to start for the second time when it was cold outside, after(!) half of the trip to the school with the baby! I am no longer planning to keep it as it is simply unreliable. Yes, it gets fixed for free but what about my time and the inconvenience? Now it is sitting at the dealership and will be there for 2 weeks until they get a part, I am driving the loaner :(

Update - I had to get rid of this car. Only after 9 months of ownership I have traded it for new Cadillac SRX. The primary reason was extremely low reliability. It failed my wife twice in winter and she was stuck in cold for hours (BMW roadside assistance was not answering calls for many hours). Clearly we were not alone :( Dealer tried to blame me for "poor driver profile", although even this is no true - I measured battery parameters and they were perfect. Not to mention that it's been 2,5 years and Cadillac works very well for my "poor driver profile".

I still believe that I have not driven anything better than X3 in terms of quality of the ride and, especially, in winter. But, unfortunately, this has little value if you cannot rely on the car.

• Getting in out

• Dealership support
  • Electronics
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review