2013 BMW X3 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Loving the X3

2013 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

xDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Loving the X3
By clayewi on

2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had four successive 5 series wagons. Sadly, BMW doesn't bring them to the states so I had to really consider what to get next. The X1 was TINY and just didn't feel like a BMW to me. Without question my last 5 had a more luxurious interior, but that's expected. The X3 has a much nicer interior than the current 3 series. The screen is IN the dash where it should be, not sticking up like a design afterthought. The engine/transmission combo is amazing; very quick and agile. It doesn't handle like a car, but much better than other SUV's. The tech package is very nicely done. Gas mileage is really good for the size. The car feels much lighter than my 5 wagon, much faster though.

Favorite Features

Overall design is elegant yet practical. Plenty of space for everyone and everything. Excellent interior ergonomics. Elegant interior layout. Rear and Top View cameras really help. Thoughtful cargo area design. Outstanding iDrive features - much improved. Blueteooth audio is seamless. Heated seats and steering wheel are excellent - nice and hot! Large sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats/headrests have an odd forward lean at top. Can't tilt headrest back. Although a lot quieter than a 328i, it could be quieter. Body roll is more than I like, but that's largely because I like cars, not SUVs. Inner headlight lens is fake. That's odd - why not use it for something? Night time gauges are odd - there is an animated "box" that looks very dropped in. It's about the only design flaw. I would like makings on the 5's in the speedo.