Glad I bought it over the Q5
By ptlptl2000 on
2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
Love this car the more I drive it and still trying to figure out the functions. The car has great maneuverablity and I am able to zip in/out of traffic while feeling very much in control. Pick up is very fast and good in all driving modes, but a bit hesitant around corners after a complete stop.
Favorite Features
Nav system is one of the best with directions displayed between the tach and speedometer including exit number and street name. Radio stations can also be read from the same display and so can phone numbers etc which makes it convenient. Has a texting capability but haven't used it yet. Blue tooth understands most commands and so far avg. fuel consumption is 21mpg at 80mph with AC on. No problem with blind spots which was the issue with most of the other SUVs I test drove. Back up camera has two options with sides views and green and red guide lines. Still getting used to the car shutting off so I don't use it that often. Sunroof extends all the way back to the passenger seat. I use 89
Suggested Improvements
I wish there was an unlock button in the driver's door and more storage space. Cup holder a bit awkward as you have to reach around the gear shift and my hands are small. If the dog is in the passenger front seat she could easily shift the gear. Shifting to the rear requires an unlock button and you have to shift forward to move back, so a bit confusing. Nav system delays similar to a computer so response is not as quick as I need at times.