2013 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
BMW X3 35i
By wittyj on 01/10/13 13:40 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

superb SUV. Acceleration and handling are great. I have about 6000 miles in 4 months and love every mile. We get 26+ miles per tank....every tank. Pure hiway will get 29. This car is comfortable, reliable, economical, fast and very useful in everyday life. VERY easy to get in and out of. Seats are supportive and comfortable. Great cargo area with easy access. Good hidden storage also. I love this "truck". Bottom line.........I recommend this vehicle to all in the market for a midsize SUV.

Mileage overstated!
By woodsieco on 12/21/12 06:28 AM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 6cyl 3 series averaged 28.4 mpg on the highway when traveling in the 80-85 mph range. The X3 is in the area of 18mpg. Now, if I slow down to 70 the mileage jumps up to 26+. Of course on the highways of AZ and CO where the limit is 75, traveling under the limit is somewhat risky as the normal flow is near 90. Overall I really like the X3, and I suppose 18 mpg on the highway for an all wheel drive isn't horrible, although my previous Explorer was over 20 mpg. Driving within normal limits I average 27.6 combined. I notice no difference in performance or MPG with different gas grades. So it seems as if the cheap stuff is just fine in the cool weather and mid-grade when it is warm out.

The X3 is Awesome!
By lyn381 on 11/11/12 16:03 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my X3. After test driving the RX350, Mercedes GLK, FX35 and the Audi Q5 I kept going back to the X3 couldn't remember the features of the others only that of the X3. The back seat is roomy enough for my teenage son. I like the quietness of the ride. I haven't found anything that I don't like about this vehicle yet. Great birthday gift to myself

Best mid size SUV available.
By wittyj on 10/19/12 08:35 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned two Tahoes, an X5, and still have a BMW GT 535 and love it. Took delivery of my X3 two months ago. It was delivered in perfect condition by Athens BMW. We have put 2500 mile on the car and average right at 26 per tank. Thats about 1/3 city driving. This SUV is QUICK and with sport sedan handling. The seats are great and visability outstanding. The 8 speed is flexible and always goes to the right gear for optimum passing and handling. My golf bag fits w/o having to put seats down. Luggage space is plentiful and with easy access. Engine runs fine on mid grade. Plenty of storage space for driver and pass. The covered storage just left of the steering wheel holds a small 9mm perfectly

ALMOST Perfect SUV
By el168 on 09/24/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

First of all, the most annoying feature of this car is the automatic engine shut off! It shuts off the engine when you stop unless you disable it. This is very annoying and will probably destroy your starter if you keep using it to "save" some gas. My brand new 2013 X335 has scratches on the paint and had to be repainted. The glass had some scratches too. Overall, my 5 series from Germany was flawless when I got it. Must be poor worksmanship from USA factory.

X3 rocks!
By ziczaczoom on 08/23/12 17:03 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this SUV after extensive research and test drive of many SUVs for the past one year that includes RX350, Q5, FX35 and MB GL. this is the perfect SUV that both me and my wife fell in love. this SUV is fast, fun to drive and comfortable. the back seat roomy for its size and as big as RX350. the interior is high quality and I love the technology package that gives you all the latest gizmos. I get 21 in city and 27 in highway. the interior is quiet and luxurious. it is gives stand out of crowd that owns RX350s and MDXs.

The best of all worlds.
By jeremydb22 on 07/27/12 19:00 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So, I will preface this by saying this is my first car review. I have owned a few X5s, X6, and X6M. All were fun, and all had purpose... but none were as all around great as the 2013 X3 35i. The engine is a blast and being attached to the perfect size chassis just tops it all off. There is enough room to haul what you need, without being overly large. The back seat room is awesome for such a compact SUV. Having a 3 series a few years ago, this feels quite similar but with more utility. I was hesitant when I ordered it, but I have no regrets now. I challenge you to drive the competitors and find one that is better all-around.

Satisfied 2013 X3 Customer
By on 07/18/12 11:16 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I researched options for a "retirement" SUV that would satisfy my need for utility and enjoyable driving at the same time--the BMW X3 has met my expectations in every way. The car handles like a sports car, carries 5 adults comfortably and accomodates my bicycle as I find places to use my new free time. I was a bit concerned about the power of the 4 cylinder engine but it has ample power with the Turbo assist. The buying experiences with client advisor Lonnie Overby was a "no pressure" and pleasant experience in every way, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Glad I bought it over the Q5
By ptlptl2000 on 06/26/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love this car the more I drive it and still trying to figure out the functions. The car has great maneuverablity and I am able to zip in/out of traffic while feeling very much in control. Pick up is very fast and good in all driving modes, but a bit hesitant around corners after a complete stop.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X3 Suv in WA is:

$155 per month*