2013 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Nice but very fragile
By ngrigoriev on 01/24/14 10:59 AM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

In 5 months after buying it I had to visit the dealership more times than in 4 years with my Mitsubishi Outlander! Something is constantly wrong with this car. But the last drop was it failed to start for the second time when it was cold outside, after(!) half of the trip to the school with the baby! I am no longer planning to keep it as it is simply unreliable. Yes, it gets fixed for free but what about my time and the inconvenience? Now it is sitting at the dealership and will be there for 2 weeks until they get a part, I am driving the loaner :(

Love My Ride
By drkcollins on 09/20/13 18:27 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I looked at and drove nearly every car and SUV out there. When I drove the X3 35i I felt 'at home.' Also drove the 28i but even with the Turbo, didn't have the torque I'm used to. The 35i put a smile on my face! Performance, comfort, gas mileage, not to mention the sleek classy look. What more can you ask for?

Too many trips to dealership!
By gaislandsguy on 08/19/13 12:23 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It's a nice vehicle, if I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to dealership to get it fixed, on a regular basis. Yes, there is a closer dealership, but they tried to sell me an "executive car" for $3K off sticker. When I asked for car fax they baulked. It had been in a rear end accident! I only found out because I asked for Carfax! Anyway back to X3. It's pretty. And it's nice to drive. Holds road well. Handles great.

Reliability , reliability , reliability .....
By mo78 on 07/17/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It's shocking that BMW can't make reliable car for the money they charge. This wk will be my fourth visit to the dealership for drivers restraint malfunction . They don't seem to know whats going on with this car . I have seen similar reliability reviews and I just wonder in the engineers at BMW read them !!!!!!! It's also statistically higher than other competitors or Japanese cars.

2nd review
By wittyj on 06/02/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We now have about 12,000 miles on the X3. BEST utility vehicle I have ever owned. Fuel economy is right at 26.5 p tank. Have gotten as high as 32mpg when cautious? And this was obtained with mid grade. To date there are NO maint. Issues at all. Flawless vehicle and American made. Storm grey and oyster interior are cool in summer here in GA. As for the auto shut off....was rough at first but at about four thousand miles the process smoothed out totally. And it does help save fuel.

Engine, engine, and engine, but that's all.
By acurafan3 on 05/18/13 10:20 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Drove BMW 328i for 5 years, now X3 35i. The engine is just amazing! Great acceleration. 8 speed transmission is so smooth that you can only tell changing gears by the exhaust note. Praised by many reviewers as "Fun to drive", "drive like a car", maybe true compare to other SUV, but it's not even close comparing to 3-series sedan. The 328i feels like it's glued to the road and have this solid damping of road roughness, but the X3 is wobbly and makes you feel every little bump. but to be fair, that's the case for all SUVs. I guess that's what you have to give up for a more practical suv.

BMW X3 35i
By wittyj on 01/10/13 13:40 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

superb SUV. Acceleration and handling are great. I have about 6000 miles in 4 months and love every mile. We get 26+ miles per tank....every tank. Pure hiway will get 29. This car is comfortable, reliable, economical, fast and very useful in everyday life. VERY easy to get in and out of. Seats are supportive and comfortable. Great cargo area with easy access. Good hidden storage also. I love this "truck". Bottom line.........I recommend this vehicle to all in the market for a midsize SUV.

Best mid size SUV available.
By wittyj on 10/19/12 08:35 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned two Tahoes, an X5, and still have a BMW GT 535 and love it. Took delivery of my X3 two months ago. It was delivered in perfect condition by Athens BMW. We have put 2500 mile on the car and average right at 26 per tank. Thats about 1/3 city driving. This SUV is QUICK and with sport sedan handling. The seats are great and visability outstanding. The 8 speed is flexible and always goes to the right gear for optimum passing and handling. My golf bag fits w/o having to put seats down. Luggage space is plentiful and with easy access. Engine runs fine on mid grade. Plenty of storage space for driver and pass. The covered storage just left of the steering wheel holds a small 9mm perfectly

ALMOST Perfect SUV
By el168 on 09/24/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

First of all, the most annoying feature of this car is the automatic engine shut off! It shuts off the engine when you stop unless you disable it. This is very annoying and will probably destroy your starter if you keep using it to "save" some gas. My brand new 2013 X335 has scratches on the paint and had to be repainted. The glass had some scratches too. Overall, my 5 series from Germany was flawless when I got it. Must be poor worksmanship from USA factory.

The best of all worlds.
By jeremydb22 on 07/27/12 19:00 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So, I will preface this by saying this is my first car review. I have owned a few X5s, X6, and X6M. All were fun, and all had purpose... but none were as all around great as the 2013 X3 35i. The engine is a blast and being attached to the perfect size chassis just tops it all off. There is enough room to haul what you need, without being overly large. The back seat room is awesome for such a compact SUV. Having a 3 series a few years ago, this feels quite similar but with more utility. I was hesitant when I ordered it, but I have no regrets now. I challenge you to drive the competitors and find one that is better all-around.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X3 Suv in VA is:

$126 per month*