Two weeks, four days old and in shop 17 days
By jakepack on
2012 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
Production problems have bedeviled my 2012 X3. Continual drive train error messages/check engine light faults. I have driven a total of maybe 20 miles. It has sat in my dealers service area for 17 days out of the 18 I have owned it. My 5th BMW and quite possibly my last. I traded in a Q5 for this; what a mistake.
Favorite Features
Car seems great as far as interior fit and finish.
Suggested Improvements
They should make sure they run before they sell them.
By 530iturk
on 10/25/11 21:22 PM (PDT)

Check your state's lemon laws. It's different for different states, but you may be elligble for a refund or a replacement vehicle. Might also try another dealership. They are not all created equal. Good luck.

By vhc
on 11/29/11 21:13 PM (PST)

Huh? You sure about that jake? never heard of anything but great things about the 2012 X3 including my own experience owning one.

By 43mary
on 10/03/12 14:04 PM (PDT)

Jake's experience is very similar to mine. The new X3 was towed 3 times before I could put 500 Km on it. Dealer tried several "fixes" and none worked so they blamed the fuel and suggested I use regular gasoline until the weather warmed up. Can't wait until it gets cold again to see what new problems I will face. In the meantime the Stability control warning light came on today. So I must drive slowly and contact my dealer who is 200 Km away. I would not recommend a BMW to anyone as they are only too happy to sell you poorly made factory vehicles. This applies not only to the dealership but those at their so called "customer service'. They play good cop /bad cop with the customer. Each say their hands are tied to do something because of the other.