Used 2012 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Bmw X3 - Consumer Reviews

2012 BMW X3 SUV

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

2012 X3 M Fully Loaded WOW WOW WOW!
By mouserdiver

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We are having an addition to the family so it was time to upgrade from the Mini Cooper. Baby number 3 is on the way. I have always wanted the X5 the one that seats 7. When it came out in 2007 I waited and waited so that I could buy a fully loaded used one. The one I wanted brand new was 90,000.00 but I was 22 and there was just no way at that age. Im 28 now, and baby number 3 on the way I went to my usual BMW dealership and saw the fully loaded X3 M. I thought. What the heck Ill just drive it and pretend I can have it. Its been a month and a half and I LOVE IT. I cant take corners in it like the mini but it will do. (I kept the mini anyway) Its luxury.

Favorite Features

I love the cameras. The rear view and the side cameras. They are located on the bottom of the side mirrors. You can change views , contrast, lighting split screen ect. The heated steering wheel is different. I finally figured out how to turn it on. I wish it had settings like the seats for heat level. The back door has an automatic button you can press, you dont have to close the door after loading groceries you just hit the button and get in the car it locks on auto. The speed in this thing is amazing. Its the fastest BMW ive had. And Ive had a few! Im very happy with my selection.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the steering wheel to have heat settings like the seats. I would like the rear seats to heat since those are the ones the kids are in. as much as these cars cost I think they should come with movie screens already and there could be a 3rd row option in these.

Great Choice
By intejer

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I'll preface my review in that this is my 3rd BMW. Each time I've gone to find a car, I have done an exhaustive analysis with spreadsheets multiple test drives and comparison figures recorded. Let's face it, cars aren't cheap and we should be happy with our choice after the deal is done and we drive off the lot. On each search, while the BMW wasn't the winner for all of the categories it had the best combination of features/performance and price that I was looking for. My advise, order one, and you can still work your dealers over and you can get a much better price -- even as good as one already built. Also work them on financing and get the deal you want you'll enjoy the final x3.

Favorite Features

1) Dynamic Sport with the selectable chassis settings. 2) Copious amounts of power and buttery smooth 8 speed auto 3) Tech Package ( I prefer screens to buttons)

Suggested Improvements

Would like to change the default of my chassis settings to sport versus normal. Would like an eco setting. Shedding 100-200lbs would help the fuel economy, but still this had the best fuel economy for for the size with AWD.

Love the car but...
By sgm2012

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is our first 2012 BMW X3 35i M Sports Package. My husband and I love the car but it drifts right. Even on a flat road the car will veer to the right if you let go of the steering wheel. The dealership had it for a week and came back and said that this was normal for the X3's. Does anyone else's X3 drift to the right? It's very noticeable at high speeds but you can still notice it at lower speeds.

It can't get any better than this.
By vhc

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 7th BMW and I couldn't be happier. Looks stunning. Drives like a sports car. Comfortable sports seats that hugs you. It's been 300 miles and I'm still getting use to the fun. I had the older X3 and this is night and day. The old x3 drived like a truck and was not comfortable at all. The 2012 model is extremely smooth with its 7 gears.

Favorite Features

Gotta get the M package! It makes the car look so different. I really like the sports mode. It not only changes the engine throttle and power but stiffens the shocks AND decreases the power stirring. You get so much more control at highers speed and sharp turns. Seats are very sporty and hugs you. The technology package has the back camera and top down camera.. i was shocked to see my car from the top!! how did they do that?

Suggested Improvements

The SUV has a bit understeer and would love to have a bigger trunk space.. but i guess it's the x3 not the x5.

the most fun to drive suv
By serpal

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

so far 3000 miles of fun driving, no problems, excellent comfort and quality all around, my 5th bmw, great power

Favorite Features

fun to drive, very powerful engine for this class suv

Suggested Improvements

price, fuel economy