Used 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

First time BMW owner
By jrr25

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Best SUV period. Drove the Mercedes GLK (nice SUV, styling inside and out a little old fashion), The Audi Q5 (excellent exterior looks, interior is very nice, steering felt odd within an unusual firming up - 2nd place choice) and the Acura RDX (very agile, nice steering feel but needs to be quieter on the highway). The turbo X3 was the clear winner for me. Smooth, yet sporty ride, very quiet, nice engine note, business like interior, excellent cargo space, the engine and transmission work flawlessly together (except for initial acceleration from a stop which takes some getting used to) and acceleration is unmatched by any in the class.

Sport Activity Package, premium package, technology package. Turbo engine with flat torque curve, 8-speed transmission, best electric power assisted steering on the market, dashboard layout - its simple yet elegant.

Allow vehicle to automatically unlock all doors when placed in park on its own. Improve gas pedal tip-in software - acceleration from a complete stop is not as instantaneous as one might like. Driver side tilt-down mirror. Nice engine note - but can it be just a little quieter, not much, but just a little?

My new X3....Next time, maybe I will buy a Hyundai
By cww125

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I would like to know why I could go purchase a $14K Hyundai w/ less problems than I have in my $55K X3.... 1.Cup holder – Has a broken spring mechanism 2.Heater button – When pushed, it went into the bottom of the center counsel. 3.Gas cap – It states “diesel” but the car uses gasoline. 4.Alignment – The vehicle consistently pulls slightly to the right. 5.Owners manual states there is supposed to be a first aid kit, pg 232. None. 6. Squeak - Sounds like styrofoam rubbing together. 7. Jerky start - seems like the fuel pump/injector issue BMW has been having. Utterly disappointed with this vehicle....

Love the X3
By jpriii

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned my X3 for about 6 weeks and have 3000+ miles. It is comfortable, quite and a hoot to drive. The gas milage is great and big step up from my previous V8 SUV.

I love the blue tooth feature and the nav; this is my first with either and they are great.

I would like low level footwell lighting at night.

My new X3
By ijs2003

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I just bought the car a week ago. I notice this car is having problem during low speed, stop and go condition, you can feel the transmission is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear under slight acceleration and this is really annoying during traffic jam.

I am happy with the interior/exterior and the seat is quite comfortable, fun to drive at normal or high speed.

Hesitation problem during low speed, stop and go condition.

First SUV -It's a Good One!
By bimmer_dude

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I wanted something different in my next car. Have been driving BMW's for 15+ years - mostly 3 series an M's. Test drove the new X3 35i and was smitten. Wanted to buy it there on the spot but the dealership didn't want to sell it to me so I went looking. Found one at another dealership. Had 1 option I really wanted (HiFi Stereo) but soon realized I could live w/o it. This is my first SUV (SAV) and I'm enjoying it very much. Not agile as a 335i - but darn close to it, especially with adjustable chassis and throttle settings. Getting 26.6mpg average. VERY impressive. Got that with my last 335i. Comfortable; Quite and Fun!! Get one!!

Like the high seating position. Excellent material quality and build! Top View cameras are great! Standard stereo is very good. MPG's are excellent. Was hoping to achieve 24+ but I'm getting 26.5+mpg on my daily 100 mile commute. Graphic displays are great; Power tail gate is great- a very enjoyable fun to drive automobile.

Power/Telescopic steering column/wheel. Make HiFi stereo standard. Extend the M Sport package across more color selections and provide other wood offerings.