2011 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
I'm very picky and I love this car.
By swalker1 on 10/29/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I drove my past car for 12 years because I never like anything else enough to buy it. I waited for this X3 to be available hoping that I would like it. I am so happy I waited. I Love It! I got it loaded with sport package, tech package, convenience package, cold package. I have 6000 miles on it and I haven't had any problems. I do have a broken spring in a cup holder as someone else mentioned, but that is minor. I love all the technology and the comfort. I had a difficult time deciding what color to get; I thought they could have had better colors to choose from. I got Mineral Silver with Beige Leather and I am happy with it.

Major problems with the 2011-BMW-X3
By thecriticsays on 10/19/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

The vehcile is great when it works. I have had major problems with the 2011 X3, vehicle is less than 6 months old: 1-Engine coolant leak, cracked reservoir. BMW said it's normal at first, then repaired upon insistance. 2-Driver's door does not open, broken cable. 3-Excessive brake noise and squealing, BMW says it's normal. 4-Excessive wind noise from poor outside door seals, BMW says it's normal. 5-Grinding window noise when closing/opening window. 6-Windshield wipers do not rest in their low position, they sit up. 7-Passenger's side door was misaligned and sticked out, BMW said it's normal, then attempted to fix upon insistance. All parts take 2-weeks to come !!!

First time BMW owner
By jrr25 on 10/15/11 06:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Best SUV period. Drove the Mercedes GLK (nice SUV, styling inside and out a little old fashion), The Audi Q5 (excellent exterior looks, interior is very nice, steering felt odd within an unusual firming up - 2nd place choice) and the Acura RDX (very agile, nice steering feel but needs to be quieter on the highway). The turbo X3 was the clear winner for me. Smooth, yet sporty ride, very quiet, nice engine note, business like interior, excellent cargo space, the engine and transmission work flawlessly together (except for initial acceleration from a stop which takes some getting used to) and acceleration is unmatched by any in the class.

BMW has lost their quality
By jolie714 on 10/03/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned 4 BMW's and this will be my last. There is a problem with the transmission that BMW knew about and didn't fix. They continued to make cars with this problem. When the car is not on, you cannot put it on neutral. Which means you cannot tow your car. I have only had this car for 7 months and I've had to tow it 2 times. They do not provide you with a spare tire. I got a flat and had the tow the car to the dealership. The run flat tire feature did not work. Why pay more if you get less? I would not recommend this car to anyone.

My new X3....Next time, maybe I will buy a Hyundai
By cww125 on 09/17/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I would like to know why I could go purchase a $14K Hyundai w/ less problems than I have in my $55K X3.... 1.Cup holder – Has a broken spring mechanism 2.Heater button – When pushed, it went into the bottom of the center counsel. 3.Gas cap – It states “diesel” but the car uses gasoline. 4.Alignment – The vehicle consistently pulls slightly to the right. 5.Owners manual states there is supposed to be a first aid kit, pg 232. None. 6. Squeak - Sounds like styrofoam rubbing together. 7. Jerky start - seems like the fuel pump/injector issue BMW has been having. Utterly disappointed with this vehicle....

Love our X3
By jims57 on 08/30/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

We selected the X3 i2.8 at the end of our 2008 335 Convertible lease. You might think that after driving at 335 the X3 would be a disappointment; on the contrary, it's a much nicer car to live with. The 335 was fun, but somewhat impractical and had a very rigid ride; the X3 is surprisingly smooth and agile. We chose the 2.8 because, frankly, we had problems with the 335 engine... had to tow it back to the dealer with less than 20K miles. The 2.8 has plenty of power for "real-world" driving. It is smooth and sporty. The interior is quite large considering the external size of the the vehicle... especially the rear seat (compare it to the Mercedes GLK350).

Love the X3
By jpriii on 08/18/11 10:35 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned my X3 for about 6 weeks and have 3000+ miles. It is comfortable, quite and a hoot to drive. The gas milage is great and big step up from my previous V8 SUV.

My new X3
By ijs2003 on 08/11/11 23:19 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I just bought the car a week ago. I notice this car is having problem during low speed, stop and go condition, you can feel the transmission is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear under slight acceleration and this is really annoying during traffic jam.

My first BMW
By joeb57 on 07/30/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

We have owned this vehicle just over six weeks and absolutely love it. The style, RIDE, performance and MPG is as advertised. We test drove several other models and kept going back to the X3. Plus it's built in the USA and even my last Chevy was not. A little expensive but with their warranty and my lower mileage, it just made sense.

First SUV -It's a Good One!
By bimmer_dude on 06/27/11 11:51 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I wanted something different in my next car. Have been driving BMW's for 15+ years - mostly 3 series an M's. Test drove the new X3 35i and was smitten. Wanted to buy it there on the spot but the dealership didn't want to sell it to me so I went looking. Found one at another dealership. Had 1 option I really wanted (HiFi Stereo) but soon realized I could live w/o it. This is my first SUV (SAV) and I'm enjoying it very much. Not agile as a 335i - but darn close to it, especially with adjustable chassis and throttle settings. Getting 26.6mpg average. VERY impressive. Got that with my last 335i. Comfortable; Quite and Fun!! Get one!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X3 in VA is:

$121 per month*