Used 2011 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

I like it but...
By antfern

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

2011 X3 35I is my first BMW, I am a Honda Accord 3.0 6 cylinder regular.
X3 is a beautiful, fun to drive small SUV.
Its quick at high speed.
It has roomy interior, front and rear.
Good sound system as well as the blue tooth phone interface.
This vehicle is really for luxury and not an economical alternative.

Impressive appearance

Wheel alignment is constantly out. Hesitation on initial acceleration. Need comfortable front seats Total value

Poor handling
By regisd

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Has anyone experienced this issue and was there a resolution to this SUV's poor handling stability?
I used to own a 2008 X3 which had the traditional great performing stiff hydraulic power steering, now this X3 comes with some kind of "electric" assist on steering which may or may not be the cause for an unstable ride when driving on uneven pavement (especially wheel gutters from nordic states spring thaw).
The car is simply unstable in its direction, it feels like you constantly need to fight the direction with oposition move on steering wheel to prevent it from swaying to right or left.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Please help, this car is great otherwise.

INSANE
By personaltrain

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I just don't even know where to begin with this hunk of [non-permissible content removed]!!
First I'll start by agreeing with every negative comment I've read on this review board.
Just purchased this junk on wheels less than one year ago and its already going back to BMW for service for the fifth time!

I had to bring the car in for its first service owning it for three days.
Little did I know this was just the beginning.
PLEASE PLEASE listen to all the reviews on this board.
Consider something else!!!

NONE, this is hands down the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned!!

the entire car

Best SUV in the Market.
By mike0205

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this car for 11 months and put on 14200 miles on it. I have driven all four seasons now and can say that this is the best SUV I have driven. Performance is Awesome. I would say that BMW has built this like a mirror of your mood. If you slam on the gas it is the fastest with accurate handling control with (17mpg). My friends say that they could see a big difference in my driving style. If you drive it slow you get the best possible mileage (31 mpg). I drove 270 miles non stop and I looked fresh as I started to drive. Get the Premium Audio and it is one of the best&Every Penny is worth it.
If you get this car from a reputed dealer it will not disappoint you.

Sport Mode acceleration (0-60 in 5.2 sec and 30 -70 in just 3 sec), and Decent Mileage (16-19 in city and 27-31 in highway depends on your driving habits). Premium Audio and 5.1 Dolby Digital/ DTS DVD Like the two time effort to open door and two time to switch off the ignition which is absolute safety to ensure that the vehicle is secure. If you leave any door open, the car won't move which is nice.

Navigation - Is very behind and need to spend $150 every three to six months to get updated. Tailgate closing by remote is not an option in US but it is standard in Europe. Price is the other factor I would suggest an improvement.

I got a lemon.
By juniorlla

2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a brand new 2011 BMW X3 XDrive 35i from Autorgemana in Medellin, Colombia and I got a lemon. 1) The sunroof didn’t work. It took 6 months to replace everything and still makes a clunking noise when it opens. 2) when you step on the brakes the car shakes. It was at the dealer 3 times and they couldn’t give us a correct solution. They replaced all 4 disc brakes, pads and sensors. 3) The headlights fog up inside even if it doesn’t rain. They haven’t been able to figure out why this happens so they said it is normal and a year later still happens. 4) The steering system was broken. It went to the shop 3 times and it took 8 months to replace it. As i write this, my car is 14 months old, it has 14.800 kms and it is in the shop for the twelfth time. I named it St. Joseph because it goes from the shop to the house and the house to the shop.