2011 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
I like it but...
By antfern on 05/16/13 15:18 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

2011 X3 35I is my first BMW, I am a Honda Accord 3.0 6 cylinder regular. X3 is a beautiful, fun to drive small SUV. Its quick at high speed. It has roomy interior, front and rear. Good sound system as well as the blue tooth phone interface. This vehicle is really for luxury and not an economical alternative.

Best SUV in the Market.
By mike0205 on 10/02/12 16:30 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this car for 11 months and put on 14200 miles on it. I have driven all four seasons now and can say that this is the best SUV I have driven. Performance is Awesome. I would say that BMW has built this like a mirror of your mood. If you slam on the gas it is the fastest with accurate handling control with (17mpg). My friends say that they could see a big difference in my driving style. If you drive it slow you get the best possible mileage (31 mpg). I drove 270 miles non stop and I looked fresh as I started to drive. Get the Premium Audio and it is one of the best&Every Penny is worth it. If you get this car from a reputed dealer it will not disappoint you.

I got a lemon.
By juniorlla on 07/29/12 20:32 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a brand new 2011 BMW X3 XDrive 35i from Autorgemana in Medellin, Colombia and I got a lemon. 1) The sunroof didn’t work. It took 6 months to replace everything and still makes a clunking noise when it opens. 2) when you step on the brakes the car shakes. It was at the dealer 3 times and they couldn’t give us a correct solution. They replaced all 4 disc brakes, pads and sensors. 3) The headlights fog up inside even if it doesn’t rain. They haven’t been able to figure out why this happens so they said it is normal and a year later still happens. 4) The steering system was broken. It went to the shop 3 times and it took 8 months to replace it. As i write this, my car is 14 months old, it has 14.800 kms and it is in the shop for the twelfth time. I named it St. Joseph because it goes from the shop to the house and the house to the shop.

I like it, but...
By lwprescott on 06/01/12 07:37 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am in month 10 and while I love the incomparable BMW handling, every time I drive it I am frustrated by the unnecessarily complicated shifter and the door locking system. I would not buy this car again if it had the same awkward shifter or if the door locking could not be reprogrammed. I am constantly pulling on locked door handles, but have been told by my dealer that this cannot be changed for safety reasons. Funny that Lexus does not have that concern. I also don't like the navigation display. Not enough street names are clearly identified and the background colors make it hard to read. By comparison, my wife's Lexus SUV has a dazzlingly clear and complete navigation screen.

Very Nice
By jrr25 on 04/09/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

One thing I can say is that the X3 drives like a sports car. Handling is exceptional as is its acceleration. The turbo engine and 8-speed transmission are a great marriage. Its power deliver seems limitless. Yet, the the ride is smooth and composed. It can be very relaxing when you want it to be and a canyon carver when your in the mood. I really this like this little SUV a lot - mainly because it doesn't feel like one, if you know what I mean. The navigation screen is a wide screen set up allowing for maps to be displayed beside radio stations/songs/artwork if you like it that way. The standard stereo system sound very good as well. So far, seven months and no problems.

First time BMW owner
By jrr25 on 10/15/11 06:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Best SUV period. Drove the Mercedes GLK (nice SUV, styling inside and out a little old fashion), The Audi Q5 (excellent exterior looks, interior is very nice, steering felt odd within an unusual firming up - 2nd place choice) and the Acura RDX (very agile, nice steering feel but needs to be quieter on the highway). The turbo X3 was the clear winner for me. Smooth, yet sporty ride, very quiet, nice engine note, business like interior, excellent cargo space, the engine and transmission work flawlessly together (except for initial acceleration from a stop which takes some getting used to) and acceleration is unmatched by any in the class.

My new X3....Next time, maybe I will buy a Hyundai
By cww125 on 09/17/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I would like to know why I could go purchase a $14K Hyundai w/ less problems than I have in my $55K X3.... 1.Cup holder – Has a broken spring mechanism 2.Heater button – When pushed, it went into the bottom of the center counsel. 3.Gas cap – It states “diesel” but the car uses gasoline. 4.Alignment – The vehicle consistently pulls slightly to the right. 5.Owners manual states there is supposed to be a first aid kit, pg 232. None. 6. Squeak - Sounds like styrofoam rubbing together. 7. Jerky start - seems like the fuel pump/injector issue BMW has been having. Utterly disappointed with this vehicle....

Love the X3
By jpriii on 08/18/11 10:35 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned my X3 for about 6 weeks and have 3000+ miles. It is comfortable, quite and a hoot to drive. The gas milage is great and big step up from my previous V8 SUV.

My new X3
By ijs2003 on 08/11/11 23:19 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I just bought the car a week ago. I notice this car is having problem during low speed, stop and go condition, you can feel the transmission is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear under slight acceleration and this is really annoying during traffic jam.

First SUV -It's a Good One!
By bimmer_dude on 06/27/11 11:51 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I wanted something different in my next car. Have been driving BMW's for 15+ years - mostly 3 series an M's. Test drove the new X3 35i and was smitten. Wanted to buy it there on the spot but the dealership didn't want to sell it to me so I went looking. Found one at another dealership. Had 1 option I really wanted (HiFi Stereo) but soon realized I could live w/o it. This is my first SUV (SAV) and I'm enjoying it very much. Not agile as a 335i - but darn close to it, especially with adjustable chassis and throttle settings. Getting 26.6mpg average. VERY impressive. Got that with my last 335i. Comfortable; Quite and Fun!! Get one!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X3 Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*