BRAKES FAILED
By capricornlady on
2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
My X3 brakes failed causing a major accident. The accident resulted in approximately $75,000 worth of damage. BMW denied any brake issues. When I picked the vehicle up from BMW body shop I had to return it. All of the brake indicator lights on the dashboard lit up. I loved how my vehicle handled, but there were frequent trips to the repair shop, including previous brake jobs. It was disturbing and disappointing that BMW denied a major issue that could have resulted in casualties. BMW blamed the car mats for the accident (sounds familiar). Yet they returned the vehicle with mats in same position. Car was in service 2 wks before accident. A co-worker friend had similiar experience.
Favorite Features
Sturdy handling, Nice design, Headlamp washers, full folding backseat, access to trunk from back seat, heated steering wheel, all wheel drive, ability to drive as automatic or manual.
Suggested Improvements
Increase back seat leg room. MOST IMPORTANT...improve brake system. Be honest! Brakes are serious, inspectors should never lie about faulty brakes even to save reputation!