2008 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Fun and Practical

2008 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

3.0si 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Fun and Practical
By Kevin P. Kamraczewsk on

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my X3 for 6 months now and find it to be fun and practical. It has been extremely reliable. I have the automatic and most options. I am averaging about 22 mpg. It is very useful for hauling around my dogs and for moving things back and forth to my daughter's college which is about a 4 1/2 drive away. It holds a surprising amount of stuff. The handling with the Sport Activity package is great. It handles better than my last sedan. The navigation calculates (and recalculates) very quickly. The xenon headlights automatically follow curves which is great for the dark streets around my house. The seats and steering wheel heat up very quickly on cold nights.

I really enjoy the handling and acceleration. The steering and brakes are very precise. The mileage is pretty good too for a 4 wheel drive SUV.

It would be nice to have dual temperature control for the air conditioning, heated and cooled seats, and a surround sound system. Push button start would also be a good option.