2008 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
Love it!
By cv on 07/16/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's my first time to own a BMW. I have to say:" WOW!" For a SUV, this one is easy to handle, easy to park, excellent engine, good acceleration and sensitive brake! The gas mileage is not bad at all! Plus the BMW ultimate service package. I'm very happy with it! It's been a week, I have a hard time from getting off the driver's seat. And when I'm out of the car, I couldn't get my eyes off it.

Bmw X3 Review
By steve on 06/21/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd bmw. I have owned the 323 sedan, 325 coupe and now the X3. the X3 has the most power of the group but does not handle as good as the coupe. This is expected since it is a truck. I put in all the bells and whistles and only option I would not recommend is upgraded stereo. The Harmon Kardon upgrade in the 325 coupe sounded much better than the X3. I do not know if it is b/c the x3 is a truck and is bigger and more open, but not worth the money. I only have 200 miles on the car, gas mileage of the car is 13 miles. Hopefully that will go up as I put more miles on the car. I would highly recommend this truck, loving the view from up high and drives excellent.

The best vehicle I've ever owned.
By Rick on 06/09/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From the moment I first climbed into the cockpit of the X3 till now, it has been a great driving experience. I used to think all the BMW talk was hype. Not any more. Aside from the fact that this is the best handling auto I've ever owned, I am still discovering all the fine features of the X3. Recently, I opened the sunroof. It opens the entire length of both the front and rear seating areas, wow. I play my iPod all the time, and I think the sound system is awesome. The bottom line is the 4 year or 50,000 mile warranty including all service and roadside assistance. Who else has this much faith in their vehicles?

Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing
By courthouseguy99 on 05/17/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in an 06 X5 3.0i and love the upgraded engine BMW put into the X3 in 07. 800 less lbs to lug around, so it really flies. Got Prem, Sport, 19" wheels, NAV, Cold Wthr, Xenon, Prem Audio, Servotronic. The car rides A-OK with 19" wheels. It's got a taut, responsive yet compliant ride, just what BMWs are known for. Throttle response is lightning quick, but you quickly learn how to modulate it. Putting the car into SD mode *really* amps up the car's responsiveness. Tried out RDX (nice at first glance, but plasticky inside), EX35 (great engine, but even shorter on utility than X3), even the new X5 (too big, hate iDrive), but this was the one I had to have.

Great Buy
By bimmerdriver on 05/02/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been a great car so far. No mechanical issues. The BMW engine is smooth and delivers the power when you need it. The suspension works really well too. It provides amazing road feel and yet is able to absorb our Chicago pot holes better than any car I've recently driven. The transmission has been good so far. When immediate passing power is needed I switch from D to SD for a quick burst of speed.

Smaller SUV
By Jeff on 05/01/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for better fuel mileage in a well built SUV with many of the features from my previous vehicle. The X3 has more room than it looks. It is well finished inside and out. I like the engine but the 6 sp auto trans. seems to hold onto gears too long and down shift easily. Mileage is only about 21 in a mostly highway commute. The ride is very firm and it handles well for an SUV. The X3 reminds me of my wife's old 2003 530 in many of the interior operation components.

Remember - it's a BMW
By TedTEd on 03/27/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Remember, you're buying this car b/c it handles incredibly. Acceleration is great. I experience no hesitation. This car is fun to drive - lots of fun to drive. I get 21 mpg. However, the electronics are horrible. I got the upgraded stereo and wish I hadn't. Sirius costs $900 to install, only available through BMW and it's the worst antenna - continuously drops the signal. The read out is limited to the point of annoying. The radio only has 6 presets. The GPS (yeah I went for that too) is incredibly useless - difficult to use (the manual is awful) why do they allot so much space to longitude, latitude and altitude? It's ridiculous. Did I say it handles incredibly?

Good Vehicle
By sgarg on 03/27/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased in march. Nice car. Looks are attractive. Features are excellent except navigation system. Navigation system is really bad, Honda has much much better nav system. Fuel avg is around 17-18.

Enjoying New BMW
By New X3 Owner on 03/06/08 18:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased in Feb. Terrific ride - very comfortable. The oversized sunroof is a real plus. Ordered Premium Package, rear side airbags, mats, heated front seats, metallic color. Nice ride: car performs beautifully. So far, shows I'm only getting 15.6 miles to gallon, although alot of street driving. No hesitation as mentioned in another post. Very powerful and sensitive brakes. This is a feature added as I read it's designed to perform right away. Very roomy although rear has hump in middle seat. The technology over just a few years ago is amazing. Had another customer in car wash actually strike up conversation about how nice the car is.

What a blast
By Scotty on 02/22/08 11:11 AM (PST)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What an absolute blast this little SUV has been from day one, It still brings a smile to my face every time I get to climb behind the wheel. It sticks to the road like glue, accelerates bullet like away from lights (or as bullet like as you'll get in an SUV) and it's very comfortable. We bought Alpine White with sport package and loaded it up with options. Be prepared for sticker shock - big time !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.