2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2008 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (33 reviews )
Really fun to drive
By Mike on 01/21/09 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 X3 for 1 year. The ride is great, handling is incredible. Brakes are superior. I have the winter package, it works well. Had a problem with the heating coils in the back seat, they stuck. Dealer did a great job fixing the problem. GPS and radio are cheap at best. Gas mileage average. AWD is great. Overall great car so far.

2008 bmw x3
By 78bmx on 11/21/08 01:27 AM (PST)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving Hondas for years (owned three and put over 200k miles on each of them). I recently purchased a new BMW X3 in September. Been a BMW motorcyclist for over 25 years. I thought I would try one of their four wheeled models. I have been a bit skeptical about the quality of BMW cars, "they drive great, but more electrical demons than you can imagine" and so on is what I would hear. The X3 drives great, it's a solid handler, great tracking, good road feel. But guess what: at 1243 miles my cd player-radio just decided to quite working, off to the shop it goes. It's a minor issue, but a radio should work on a brand new $43k car!!

Great Crossover
By Deal Finder on 11/16/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW in 2 years and I love this X3. It is fully loaded (I got a dealer demo so got a great deal) and in the 2 weeks that I have driven it I got 22 MPG. I tried Acura, Infiniti, Volvo and Lexus. No doubt you pay a little more upfront, but once you drive it for a few years its all worth it - thanks to 0 maintenance for 4 years and the overall BMW brand value. When you buy a BMW you don't buy a car - you buy an experience.

A joy to drive
By JOHN on 10/13/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the X3 for about 6 months and now has about 10,000 miles. Itís a great SUV. Great handling, good power, controls are easy to use (but a little old fashioned for a 2008). I like the panoramic sunroof though I rarely use it. Gas mileage is fairly decent. Thereís not much room in the rear seat for passengers.

Fun and Practical
By Kevin P. Kamraczewsk on 10/13/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my X3 for 6 months now and find it to be fun and practical. It has been extremely reliable. I have the automatic and most options. I am averaging about 22 mpg. It is very useful for hauling around my dogs and for moving things back and forth to my daughter's college which is about a 4 1/2 drive away. It holds a surprising amount of stuff. The handling with the Sport Activity package is great. It handles better than my last sedan. The navigation calculates (and recalculates) very quickly. The xenon headlights automatically follow curves which is great for the dark streets around my house. The seats and steering wheel heat up very quickly on cold nights.

After 11k miles, it's time to walk away
By Paul Milton on 09/15/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this '08 X3 in December of '07. Unfortunately, I regret the decision. The X3 is no doubt an excellent driver for a 4100lb small SUV. By small, I mean the interior is very small and cramped and only after owning this vehicle for some time I now know it has limited utility and horrid resale value. Others such as the Lincoln MKX are cheaper by thousands and more practical in every way.

Overpriced Horrid BMW Model
By Marc on 08/27/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an update of an original posting. The BMW X3 has HORRIBLE engine and transmission response. The dealer can not remedy it as no more software updates are out from BMW but I do not think any more computer programs will solve the potentially dangerous throttle response; you do not go anywhere at times when merging. The navigation system is awful I had to buy a Magellan unit. The handling is sub-par, think the crappy cheap Pirelli STR part to blame but not up to BMW standards. BMW corporate is impossible to deal with they are of no help at all.

Disappointed
By car guy on 08/17/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, we are so disappointed with the quality of construction. The front bumper, a pathetic piece of plastic just buckled and fell when going over a bump. Told by a BMW service agent that this is happening so frequently with the x3 that people are not even bothering to fix the bumper, they just drive around with it hanging. This is unconscionably poor construction, design and quality. There are other issues with the quality of materials used in the construction of this car. This is definitely our last BMW and if it wasn't a lease, I would get rid of it immediately.

2008 BMW X3
By don592 on 07/21/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Iíve had the auto 4 months, handling is outstanding. Acceleration and braking also outstanding. Interior fit and finish are top quality. I ordered a 6 speed manual, a big part of the fun factor Ė the manual transmission is smooth and easy to use, although the position of reverse, to the left and up of first, takes some getting used to. The exterior finish is perfect. Dashboard and radio controls are different than most cars, but after a few weeks, it all makes sense. While super unleaded fuel is recommended, the auto runs fine on regular. My previous car was a Honda Pilot which was a nice solid car, but the X3 brings back the excitement of driving and everything still fits.

Love it!
By cv on 07/16/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's my first time to own a BMW. I have to say:" WOW!" For a SUV, this one is easy to handle, easy to park, excellent engine, good acceleration and sensitive brake! The gas mileage is not bad at all! Plus the BMW ultimate service package. I'm very happy with it! It's been a week, I have a hard time from getting off the driver's seat. And when I'm out of the car, I couldn't get my eyes off it.