2007 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Fun, Exciting But Has Some Bug

2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Review

Fun, Exciting But Has Some Bugs
By JKepus on

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchase experience was very pleasant. BMW service is very good. My 2007 X3 was Certified Pre- Owned and had only 24K miles. I purchased the Extended Full Warranty which was nearly the cost of a full brake job ($1800) at 60k so I considered it money well spent. I have had 2 significant issues with the X3 so far. First, one of the two engine coolant pumps malfunctioned and the vehicle wont let you drive over 20mph for fear of overheating and damage. It happened at 29K miles. Had to use BMW assist to get towed to dealer (took two hours for tow to arrive). Second, had major transmission fluid leak due to bad gasket at 30k miles. Fun car but has been in the shop too many times.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, fit and finish is exceptional, and vehicle handles very well in bad weather. BMW customer service is above average.

Suggested Improvements

Need to work on electronic/mechanical reliability. Far too many sensors and gadgets that malfunction and unless they are under warranty, can be very expensive. Parts and accessories are ridiculously expensive. Better to shop online.