2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
Sports Car Disguised As SAV!
By Bill on 03/31/07 13:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just completed my first commute in my new '07 X3 - it turned the twisty mountain roads into a flat, straight freeway! The V6 is very quick & smooth, handling is fantastic and up/down shifts by the 6 speed auto trans were imperceptible. The brakes are almost too good, as I am learning to be very gentle with the brake pedal to avoid stopping too fast. Looked at CX-7, RDX, RAV4, CR-V & Edge - the X3 was far and away the most fun to drive while getting better mpg than CX-7, RDX & Edge and only 2 highway mpg less than Rav4 & CR-V AWD. Storage room with back seats up or down was equal or larger than these other CUV options.

Overall a good vehicle but pricey
By franz g on 03/26/07 07:10 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great vehicle dynamics; silky smooth transmission; good trunk space; switched from FX 35 which was a great car. Has less interior storage compartments than FX 35. Nowhere near the interior quality of the FX. My X3 has a sticker price of 44k and can you belive in that price is not even a car alarm included. But what is bothering me is those very cheap controls on the radio as well as steering wheel. The radio control button is awful! BMW please! I also miss that beautiful vehicle information screen. Sound system just ok. Car has a little wind noise at speeds above 55 mph. City mileage 18-19 mpg. Highway 24-25 mpg so far.

Great vehicle except for the tranny
By theiowan on 03/20/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just took delivery on an X3. The mileage has been a pleasant surprise. The vehicle is well built and feels very solid. The transmission is not up to par with the rest of the vehicle. It doesn't shift smoothly and hesitates.

LUVIT!
By DB on 03/17/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always said I would NEVER drive an SUV! I'm not. I'm driving an X3 and it's probably the most fun and convenient car I've ever owned. Normally those two words can't be used in the same sentence when describing a car. I'm disappointed in the gas mileage but other BMW owners seem to be fine with it. The interior is divine! Cup holder doesn't hold odd size containers but everything else is perfect!

Great SAV
By harley on 03/09/07 23:42 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second X3. Traded in a 2005. This is one of the best handling cars/SAVs out there. You just can not do better then the X-drive system. Get the 18" wheels and Premium Pkge. The Xenon headlamps are great. I get 19 to 20 mpg driving to work, but if you drive around 70 mph you won't get 26 mpg.

SAV
By ko on 03/07/07 12:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the X3 in Germany and have had the pleasure of driving 100+ mph on the autobahn for the last 3 months... sooo fun!! Handles like a dream, both in snow and on dry pavement. Steering is quick and responsive. The inside is roomy and quite comfortable. The size is perfect... large enough to pack everything I need and more, yet small enough that parking (even in Germany) is no problem. I didn't get the navigation system because I already had a Tomtom. I ordered a side dash mount from ProClip so the GPS doesn't take up space on the windscreen and the placement is excellent. Top quality vehicle!!

What a change!
By T Duck on 03/04/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned 3 Ford Explorers back to back. I test drove 2 BMWs, an Acura and Lexus. I found myself going back to BMW for a second test drive. I could not believe the handling and drive. I find myself amazed after 2 months each time I get into the car. I find myself uncomfortable when I drive any other car now as in maneuverability.

BMW Cut Some Interior Corners
By Cathy Tulman on 03/04/07 18:23 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Time to downsize from Lincoln Aviator. '07 X3 is perfect size and 1/3 less to fill gas tank. Fun to drive, agile, smooth and quick. Interior disappointing. Have an '07 BMW 328xi and expected equivalent interior comfort features on X3 but BMW did not provide them: (1) heat/AC system is not dual, has no vent in rear seat, and no heat circulation when engine off; (2) leather/comfort of sport seats inferior to 3 series; (3) radio Bluetooth features are limited compared to 3 series; (4) heated seats weak. The iPod add-on connection is awful - can't hook-up while driving, shows "Track #" not song name, cord too short, takes glove compartment space - use standard auxiliary. Park assist feature annoying.

Again
By DVL on 02/25/07 05:02 AM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've just changed my 2005 X3 for a new one. The 2007 feels more comfortable, cleaner in style and a bit more powerful. Same old leatherette in the seats, but a sturdy more easy to manage leather steering wheel. Lets' put it this way: a nicer a gentler car!

Utility Sportscar
By jy on 02/15/07 12:25 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this for my wife who is very difficult to please and was coming out of a 5 series wagon. This vehicle does everything well and even she is impressed. Most vehicles that are this much fun to drive are not at all practical, but this vehicle does it all. Everything about it is top quality. If you drive it, you will want to buy it. Don't bother with the sports package. The standard seats are more comfortable, and the standard front facia is much better looking.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.