2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
Fun to Drive
By Miguel on 05/29/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased the X3 early this year. So far I have no regrets. Reasonable gas mileage. Confortable heated seats and fun to drive.

Good Enough
By jasondina on 05/23/07 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We had a 325xi wagon for the past three years and really enjoyed it. We were not sure that we were going to get another BMW because we wanted to save some money on the payments. So we went and drove a ton of cars and decided that we liked what BMW had to offer in either a new 325 wagon or an X3. The X3 had the best pricing incentives for a lease so we went with it. The car is a base model with auto trans. It handles like a BMW. We like the leatherette for clean up and comfort. The radio could be better for the price. The DTC is miserable. We turn it off all the time. It makes the car hunt around in 1st and 2nd gear trying to avoid losing traction.

Thanks to BMW for manufacturing X3
By AMMT860 on 05/19/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

X3 is a very beautiful car in my opinion, which has a very good stable design and controls that make it very safe and help on running fearless while driving this car. 200 KM/hr is not a dangerous speed at all in this car, due to its high safety controls. Also it has a good cd player with a fantastic sound system.

Sweet Ride
By tsormast on 05/18/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The interior is well appointed and everything is within easy reach. I'm a little disappointed on the sound system, I was told by my BMW rep that iPod connectivity was standard. It does have a port, but you pay extra for the integrated cable for control on the sound system, the speakers really aren't all that, my jeep grand cherokee was better in that aspect. I have only had it 4 days, but I just love it otherwise. I look for excuses to go for a drive, the gas mileage seems to be ok except when you get on the gas hard, tranny seems rough.

Get a Bimmer!
By Hai on 05/17/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've test driven from a toyota RAV to a Benz and all those cars don't come close to the feel, styling and performance of this car. Probably those other car companies will take pieces of the body style but there's only one BMW.

European Delivery
By MartinKasischke on 05/15/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW's European delivery program is one of the best. Our car was waiting in Munich with a tank full of gas and ready for our trip across Germany, Switzerland and France. Our X3 performed flawlessly over international roadways and narrow back streets. We enjoyed traveling 1500 miles before leaving the vehicle in Nice, FR for shipment to the USA.

Hesitation-awful transmission
By markdi on 05/03/07 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2007 BMW X3. I test drove a different one, then took the one off the showroom floor in the color I wanted. I did not notice hesitation on test drive, but immediately noticed on mine. It is a week old and I hate it. Not to mention the stupid plastic handle that my knee constantly hits. The hesitation is horrible. It does it from a dead stop, and while driving at slow speeds. It is unacceptable to me-I want to return it. The transmission is so erratic, that passengers complain about the rough and jolty ride-it is embarrasing to tell them I spent so much on a piece of junk. I think I made a mistake. This is going to be my last BMW. I should have bought the Nissan Murano!

Don't be a sucker for BMW
By Bill on 05/02/07 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Okay, I have myself to blame. I buy a new car every two years, last one was a 2004 Acura TL--not the most expensive car I've owned, but far and away the best car in every category. I read the reviews for BMW X3 and know the car was not higly thought of in the past--but that 2007 was a NEW year with many improvements. The gas mileage is bad! 18mpg city/highway. The tranny is rough, and at low RPM there is almost zero torque and a rough go until about 25mph. The electronics are less than high tech--the radio is pathetic for a $44k vehicle--and the rear seats, despite what the catalogue said, do not fold flat, making the rear space useless for boxes, dogs, and anything else.

Great Small SUV
By Barx1316 on 04/22/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the X3 after months of research. I've been very happy with it. Great engine, nice interior, good interior storage space for vehicle size.

Wow!
By Joyce Winter on 04/05/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drug my husband to test drive the Lexus Hybrid SUV, he drug me to test drive the X3. On paper I really thought we would like the Lexus better, but the X3 won hands down. Easier to turn into a parking space, felt roomier in the front, so much fun to drive. I'm only 5'4" but felt I could see out of the X3 better and with more personal space. Now my husband and I are at odds over who gets to drive the SUV (it's MINE). Who would have thought?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.