Used 2007 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (99 reviews )

Superb car
By susan from syracuse

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this with the sports package and absolutely love it! The x3 has superb performance and handling.

looks, handling

better mileage

One great car....
By SLG

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW X3 is a perfect car for a person who likes performance, styling and great handling. Mine has the sports package and M styling and looks terrific. I had driven BMW 5 Series cars for 20 years, but needed occasional storage capacity to carry a drum set. I also have an X5 which is beautiful but it doesn't come anywhere near the X3 for performance and handling. The fit and finish is top notch with great features like the full length sunroof. I also enjoy the sitting position which is higher than a sedan but not so high that you sway with every bump like you do in most trucks and SUVs. One great car....

Sunroof, engine, dashboard layout, fit & finish, M Styling, handling, performance, quietness.

Better iPod integration. Transmission shifts late occasionally. Mileage is a little poor. I drive highways at 70-80 everyday and get about 20 MPG.

Awesome Ride!!
By dr.nick

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has gone above and beyond what I expected. Was also looking at the Lexus and Mercedes and their drive compared to the BMW was night and day. If you're looking for a fun car that is the best performing car in its class the BMW X3 is the only logical choice.

Love the handling of the vehicle. Can corner unlike any other SUV.

Should have got the X3 in the 1st place
By newzie

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 CR-V and simply was not happy with it. It is wonderfully versatile but it had no power, was noisy, had a rough ride at times and the seats were very uncomfortable. After 3 months I traded the Honda for a CPO X3 and I couldn't be happier. With the X3 I really have to watch my speed. The engine is silky smooth, its quiet, and feels solid as a rock. It may not be as roomy as the CR-V but I can definitely trade that for the joy of driving. If you are considering a small SUV think if you are buying it for yourself or for others. If you care about passenger comfort and versatility then the CR-V is a great choice. But if you want to have a smile on your face get an X3.

Panoramic moon roof, heated steering wheel, cargo rails and hooks in the back, double deck center console. Of course the $0 maintenance can't be beat.

Make as standard: auto dimming mirror with compass, BMW Assist (like On-Star) with Bluetooth. Add: dual zone climate control, radio aux by the radio (not in the back of the console), sunglass holder, and additional storage places.

Very nice ride
By 500lbman

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased my 2007 X3 with 24100 miles on it a little over a week ago. This is the best handling SUV I have driven. Lots of power from the 3.0L straight 6. Very comfortable seats. Stereo sound quality is excellent. Much better than my '04 330ci convertible. I tried the sport package on another X3 and the ride was too rough for my taste. The aesthetic updates for '07 look great. Bluetooth is not always clear, but works okay. Also, the throttle tip-in is a little touchy and takes some getting used to at low speed. I was looking for a small SUV that was fun to drive, this fits the bill nicely. The Japanese companies can't compete with German build quality, ride and handling

Handling, ride, stereo, comfort, adaptive xenon headlights, premium package, panoramic sunroof

Throttle tip-in is too sensitive, bluetooth reception