2007 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
It's a nice SAV
By SB on 08/20/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this SAV for almost a week now. This is my first small SUV, I am a car guy but I travel where there is snow a few times every year and I wanted to be able to take something on my trips that would drive like a car but be able to take the weather with no worries. I think I found my vehicle, The handling on the X3 is great and I don't find the suspension too stiff, I did not order the sport package. My X3 was ordered with the luxury package, the 18" wheels; front seat warmers; servo-tronic steering; upgraded radio and xenon headlights. So far I am very satisfied with this X3, I look forward to every drive, every day. My advice is to go and test drive one.

Transmission Problems
By Tahoe07 on 08/16/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Reporting back after 4500 miles driven. This X3 has a faulty transmission. It causes hesistation on acceleration from a stop, in curves, on hills, and in turns. The transmission needs to be reprogrammed (reference SB 24-08-07). Even after reprogramming the transmission is erratic. Would be very careful before purchasing.

Warranty King
By Warranty King on 08/07/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for a 1 1/2yrs and I love it. This is my first BMW and I will continue to buy due to the best warranty service. I've taking my car in for an oil change for zero cost. The car handles very well in the rainy season, the seats are comfortable. The sunroof is awesome though a little loud and the trunk is very spacious. I've driving this car from and to California and it just runs smoothly. The performance of a BMW is no comparison.

Never thought I would drive an SUV
By Nate on 07/25/07 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to be very much against SUVs. I had a purchase and sales agreement all drawn up for a BMW 3 wagon, and then at the last minute I asked the sales person to let me drive a 2007 BMW X3 in a 6 speed manual. WOW, I was 100% sold. Coming out of a Volvo V70 T5 wagon, I needed the practicality of a wagon to haul items for my business. The 3 wagon did this job but was a bit tight. The X3 had more room without sacrificing anything in performance. So far the experience with the vehicle and BMW have been nothing less than superb. Sure, it is not a cheap drive, but the fit, finish is unbelievable. I am getting 23-24 around town and 27 mpg on the highway. I HIGHLY recommend the 6 speed.

Great SAV
By Greg Earle on 07/24/07 06:18 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the car now for about a week, and it performs very well. I don't find any hesitation as some reviews have stated. What some call hesitation is the engine coming up on the torque curve, not a transmission problem. I would like to physically be able to check the oil instead of depending on the computer to tell me that it is O.K. This is a great automobile, as every BMW I have owned was.

Worst New Car I Ever Owned
By Marc on 07/10/07 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my new X3 a week ago and it is a total nightmare. I did not know that there was a major engine hesitation with many of these vehicles, and mine is very bad and even dangerous. The steering is not aligned due to either a wheel alignment issue or the wheel itself is not centered. The controls including the navigation system are way too complex and awkward, and using knobs to control everything is absurd. My car has cosmetic defects on the fabric on doors and pillars, and it looks like they totally left out the quality in this SUV. Overall, should have got the RDX.

Classy ride
By SharonChristiansen on 06/26/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I love our new X3. We were originally going to go with the Volvo XC90, but after test driving the X3, we loved it. It handles better than the XC90 and it's cheaper.

I'm A Cool Mom Now!
By jck on 06/21/07 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I downgraded from a mom mobile (minivan), and I love this little car. It fits me and my two little ones nicely. It's quick and fun to drive. The gas mileage is better than my van, and the tank is smaller so fill ups are less too (even using premium gas). I love the bluetooth capability. I feel so much cooler in this than my van!

Thumbs up for the '07 X3
By Ryan on 06/11/07 12:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased an '07 X3 for my wife six months ago and we couldn't be happier. City parallel parking made short body length important factor. Ultimately we chose between the Acura RDX and the X3. This '07 X3 had a far superior engine compared to the '05 and '06 versions that we test drove. In fact, the older engines disappointed quite a bit. This vehicle handles like a 330. The AWD was flawless over the New England winter. Mileage is good for an SUV. The ride is just a touch stiff, but much softer than my M3 on city roads, and overall its a joy to drive. Storage is far better than a sedan. Reliability has been perfect.

Best SUV ever
By adam on 06/09/07 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was hesitant while buying this car after testing both Acura SUVs, Lexus RX, Mercedes ML, Missan Murano, Infiniti FX, Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 and it performed the best. The only thing I disliked about the car is the limited availability. I live in Maryand and the closest I could find was in Virginia, 400 miles away from my dealer. I got the sport package and love it. The seats are more supportive than anything. One thing I would recommend on the car is getting a warranty on your tires. I got a nail in my tire after 1200 miles. It was a $450 tire. Luckily I got it insured. One thing that BMW never has gotten right on any car they have made is cupholders.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.