Used 2007 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw X3 - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW X3

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (99 reviews )

Fun and practical
By Dan

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this X3 with manual transmission as new in 2007, and have enjoyed driving it ever since. I love its steering and ride, better than the 2010 GLK 4matic that wife owns. And to my taste it strikes a good balance between power and fuel efficiency. Nimble yet offers plenty of space for a small family and large cargo room with second row folded down. The leatherette interior is care free. No problems so far except for a burned out brake light. 4x4 warning light came up once, and went away by itself. Dealer cannot tell what's going on...

Favorite Features

Manual shift! Precise steering. Strong brake with no dead travel. Power/fuel efficiency balance. Panorama sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

The menu is confusing, and you have to twist and press a single knob for all input. Garmin at much cheaper price offers touch screen and voice recognition.

fun and power
By eladou

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this 2007 X3 for 3 years without a single mechanical or electronic issue. At around 25,000 miles I had to replace the 4 tires because they were worn out. otherwise no issues. we loved it so much that we bought an 09 X3 at the end of the lease. It's been 6 months since the 09 X3 and no issues at all.

Favorite Features

fun ride, powerful engine for its class, reliable, all weather driving.

Suggested Improvements

better storage space, wish they had the on board computer and the audio controls they have on the 3 series.

It's Great Driving a BMW
By mfpeters1

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this CPO 2007 model to move my wife out of mini vans. She instantly appreciated the sensation of driving a BMW. Acceleration is smooth and powerful and handling is exceptional. The cabin fits her well and gives her a great view of the road. The automatic transmission does take some getting used to; it shifts a little differently than most. We've had some some issues (for example, had to get the cylinder head replaced) but all were covered under warranty and included a 3 Series loaner car. Going the CPO route saves a lot of money while still getting great warranty. This is an excellent vehicle and a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, great handling, great seating position, all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Interior controls need some updating and modernizing. Doors don't automatically unlock when leaving the car.

Much better ride over 330i
By Louis Bailey, DC

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Seventh BMW I have owned. I tried to take trips in my former BMW330i, however always felt like I was beat up. Now the good stuff, the X3 has just returned from our first 1,200 mile trip, comfort, power over mountains, 10% ethanol fuel in 3 states didn't produce a change in power but did drop fuel economy by one or so miles per gallon, average at 80mph and up to 90mph at times it creeps up there with ease, just under 21 mpg. I think this is a long term relationship, easier to get into and out of, the giant moon roof, Xdrive must be felt to appreciate the grip that is there. Screaming RED color tipped to this vehicle over another. Certified and 6yr~100,000m service and oil changes.

Favorite Features

X drive, power and control at any speed, wonderful brakes, very good in town for its tight turning. Not an SUV but one of the BMW's of SUV's.

Suggested Improvements

Please give me all this and 30 mpg on regular gas, I use middle grade, is that too much to ask for?

Best Buy EVER
By Michele

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What you've heard is true. Once you drive a BMW, you will be hooked for life. I love driving the X3, so does my husband. His Acura MDX now gets very little action. He prefers the X3. Lots of power. Handles beautifully on Seattle's wet roads and in heavy traffic. Nice size to parallel park downtown.

Favorite Features

The X3 is very responsive. The panoramic sunroof is as close as you can get to a convertible in an SUV. Heated rear seats are a favorite, too.

Suggested Improvements

All minor. The auxiliary input for the iPod is located in the back of the center arm rest, where it is not convenient for the driver and looks odd to passengers in the back. Also no place to store sunglasses and only one cup holder in the center. (The passenger holder is by the passenger door.)