2007 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
Happy So Far
By Bimmer Fan on 10/31/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW (first being M3). Purchased pre-owned. Love almost everything about it. Has just about every possible option and package. Love the 19" wheels. Did have to adjust driving some to accommodate for brake assist and trans system. Once I have done that, it is fine and very enjoyable to drive. Do not have problems others have mentioned. Just took a judicious right foot. Very comfy sport seats and great thick M-sport steering wheel. Now that we have a baby, it is perfect. Not my M3, but a good compromise for the time being.

Review Update > Happy Owner
By S.B. on 10/04/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a BMW and Saab owner for the past 20 years, I have to say that after driving the X3 for the past year and a bit I am still very happy that I have it! I enjoy driving and I travel a lot, I go where it snows and where it's hot year round, I have found that this SAV performs well in most situations and is fun to drive. I have had very few problems and they were all minor ones. The auto transmission that I have operates differently in sport mode providing the burst of torque when you need it but I did not have issues with the transmission as noted by other reviewers. I have also noted that as more miles were driven the fuel economy has gone up close to the stated 26 MPG HWY.

Bugs gone, now its a blast!
By pamela murray on 09/25/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this vehicle used as I could not afford new. Unfortunately previous owner never serviced vehicle. Had to take into local BMW dealer 4x before we got the throttle response issue cleared. Car hesitated and bucked, was scared to be in traffic when I needed quick acceleration. But the warranty is awesome, treated like a queen at dealership given loaner each time, who still does that? No other automaker I know of. Computer need to be defragged and re-booted so we could start fresh. It worked, my little baby is performing fantastic and I love driving it, it truly is a driving experience like the ads say!

Disappointed
By tlp on 09/23/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second x3, the 1st a 2004 so I expected a better BMW but what I got was what others are complaining about: poor shifting patterns at speeds under 40 mph. Has been in the shop for software fixes but no improvements and the techs tell me they don't notice the problem. The sport drive is horrible and this is called a "sport utility vehicle". This is not what I expected from BMW.

Transmission Nightmare - Recall needed
By Dooley on 08/21/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving along a back country road and slump. The transmission felt like it dropped out the bottom. It left me stranded since when I turned it back on it refused to recognize reverse, drive, any gear whatsoever. Since then I have had a "software update" and it is still extremely sluggish in first gear and before I know it I am in third at a snail pace. Highway driving is excellent but in traffic a nightmare, and unreliable shifting. I was told this is a worldwide problem by my dealer regarding X3 transmissions and although this is happening to several X3's it is not large enough to recall. There needs to be a recall. Lurching and shifting so hard that it bucks is not acceptable for a BMW.

young man... love it
By volpster on 08/20/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Although this is typically a car for women, I'm a 30 year old man, and I love this car. I needed to purchase an SUV and love how the X3 drives like a sedan, but is great in the snow and on wet surfaces. I enjoy the tight steering and quickness. It's much more agile than any SUV I've ever driven.

Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde
By Eric on 07/26/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd X3, and I loved the other two, both 2005s. This seems to be a different vehicle. Same great finish and handling, but awful acceleration. As written elsewhere, it is bothersome and dangerous. I loved the responsive, fun to drive qualities of our other X3s. This one makes me scared to enter the highway. Not so fun. Once you get past 40, it is fine, but getting there can be tough. Sometimes you punch it and boom, other times you count to three before anything happens. Someone is going to get into an accident because of this. We went to the dealer and they tried a software fix, but it only made it marginally better and we seem to have lost 1-2 MPG. Disappointing.

6 speed manual = happy
By foothills on 07/20/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is a lot of complaining about the automatic transmission version of this machine. I bought an x3 manual with 6000 miles on it in February 2008 and have put 8000 miles on it since then. This is a great vehicle if you like driving. Fantastic low-end torque. Great acceleration in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 5th and 6 are highway overdrives. Corners flat in aggressive driving. Have never had better brakes. Pulls a utility trailer loaded with stuff for the dump like its not there. I was skeptical about BMW reliability. No issues so far and the 100,000 mile warranty should have me covered. It doesn't have all the cup holders and storage that a Japanese vehicle has... drives much better though.

Goodbye !
By VincentView on 06/16/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I finally had enough. Took a major loss by trading in the 2007 X3. Bought the car for 43K and got 29K in trade in ! The transmission problem in my opinion is dangerous and makes the car unpredictable in many situations (turns, acceleration from stop). Although I brought it back to the dealer for the fix, the problem persisted. In my opinion, it is a disgrace that BMW has the audacity to label this thing the "ultimate driving machine". I have been permanently soured by the BMW brand. Goodbye !

Makes Driving Fun
By loyalbmw on 05/21/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive a lot. Over 120 miles a day. Its sleek, powerful using the steptronics, and comfortable. I have been a BMW owner for a few years now and traded in my 06 330i for the x3. So far no complaints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.