Used 2007 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (103 reviews )

DO NOT BUY BMW X3 READ THIS!
By gonzalez5

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2007 x3 and has been to the shop 7 times on top of the schedule maintenances.

We were stranded on a major Hwy IH35- and had SUV towed twice for engine overheating, waterpump replaced, thermostat on another trip, brake pads at 33k miles, engine leaking at 55k miles (paid $600 to replace engine gaskets) , Engine coils replaced, computer reprogrammed for idle problems,
door and roof seals letting air in (got very noisy) Buy one and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The dealer and BMW will tell you this is NORMAL FOR A BMW!! or just go by their shop before you buy and it will be full of cars being serviced, I guarantee it!!

Interior and Exterior styling

Engine and all suppliers parts, gaskets, electric, seals, etc..

Great Car...So Fun To Drive!
By bbimmer7

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my Platinum Bronze Metallic X3 certified pre-owned in 2010. I've owned many cars, and exclusively SUV's (2 Grand Cherokees and a Toyota Highlander) since the early 90's and this is by far the best handling, best performing car I've ever owned. It accelerates like a dream. If you're buying one CPO, purchase the extended maintenance warranty. I've had several repairs after the "service soon" light came on, and they were all covered under the warranty. All around a great car, loaded with luxury features, and and exhilarating driving experience!

Handling (smooth-shifting automatic transmission and steering), panoramic moon-roof, supportive leather seats with power lumbar support, heated front and rear seats, genuine walnut interior trim, sound system, storage compartments galore, and the overall high-quality feel of the interior.

Make navigation and Xenon Headlight standard! The leather could be softer, as it is on certain other BMW's. The rear seats need more padding. Rear-visability isn't the greatest. No low gears for driving in the snow (which I refuse to do because of).

I love it but, it doesn't love me?!
By rachaelmac22

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought my X3 two years ago, at a great price and with 38,000 miles on it. It is my first suv and not my last. I love this car... it's fast, great looking and a great size (i'm 5'3) Only problem, it has been in the shop more then 8 times... thank goodness we got the extended warranty! New water pump, muffler, engine pistons and other misc items! If I didn't have the warranty and a loaner from my dealership I don't know what I would do. After almost 2 and a half years later, I am looking into a new suv (and not another bmw)

speed, ride, exterior look, lights, moonroof, sound system and seats

build them better please....

BMW engineers are not very clever
By vijayn

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 X3. Keeps getting Service Engine light every 2000 miles. I bought it as certified pre owned in 2007 May. So far I have been to service for about 15 times (This is real number, not exaggeration). Dealer keeps saying they don't know what's wrong, they just do whatever BMW engineers tells them to do and looks like BMW engineers haven't been able to figure out what's wrog so far. Every time they find a new excuse on what's wrong. If they can't even find the reason behind such a small issue, one wonders about the accuracy of their claims towards their "intelligent" safety features - its probably just a claim.

certifed used X3 in 2009
By cah13cah

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my X3 of a 3 year lease - dealer gave a certifed warranty until 50k miles. Mine has a the 6 speed manual trans w/3 litre engine many options (moonroof and MP3,etc)
It drives great, but the orig sticker was about 45,000 and I paid much less.
Maintenance on this car is exppensive - to replace one tire was $280 and BMW recommends only oil changes after 15,000 miles - much too long.
It's a fun car to drive, habdles great and has some storage, but I do need lots of seats.

by far, it's the accerlation - 70 mph in 3rd gear