2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
Love my x3
By Now BMW Guy on 08/19/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used w/ BMW's Certified warranty wasn't even looking at this model but it came up in the dollar amount I was searching for. I'm really glad I purchased this vehicle for the price it a lot of car. I have not had any problems with transmission it works just fine. I believe it not the trans. but the drivers it's electronic and you can confuse it by your driving style. It's also adaptive which means it learns your driving style and if more then one person drives vehicle and they have different driving styles then you might think your having problems. This vehicle pulls good on the highway but could use another 40 HP.

Solid purchase
By Pleased on 08/02/10 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a CPO with premium and sport package in May. Have driven approximately 5200 miles since without real complaint. The Nevada leather seats are great and I love the huge moonroof. I commute ~50 miles/day mostly highway and enjoy every bit of my drive. Handles like a dream. Gas mileage has been fair averaging ~22.5 mpg (65/35 highway). Did have to take in for a solenoid issue but service experience was excellent. Haven't had any transmission issues reported in other posts.

Big Mistake
By Regretful on 07/08/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 with premium and sport package looks good in a parking lot or a garage. Ride is hard. Back seat is hard. Nothing happens smoothly or refined. Choppy ride, confused transmission, not enough cup holders or console storage. It's just not worth $44k. It's in the shop, again, for warranty repairs. They tried to tell me it was ready to pick up a few days ago. Hadn't fixed either of the 2 main things it was there for. (Crazy wipers and rattling tailpipe) Still in the shop with no updates. The loaner is wonderful, 2011 328i sedan. It does everything better than the X3. It's like they learned how to build a vehicle, but don't want to do anything with a warranty repair of their past mistakes.

Fun, Exciting But Has Some Bugs
By JKepus on 05/03/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchase experience was very pleasant. BMW service is very good. My 2007 X3 was Certified Pre- Owned and had only 24K miles. I purchased the Extended Full Warranty which was nearly the cost of a full brake job ($1800) at 60k so I considered it money well spent. I have had 2 significant issues with the X3 so far. First, one of the two engine coolant pumps malfunctioned and the vehicle wont let you drive over 20mph for fear of overheating and damage. It happened at 29K miles. Had to use BMW assist to get towed to dealer (took two hours for tow to arrive). Second, had major transmission fluid leak due to bad gasket at 30k miles. Fun car but has been in the shop too many times.

Fun and practical
By Dan on 04/15/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this X3 with manual transmission as new in 2007, and have enjoyed driving it ever since. I love its steering and ride, better than the 2010 GLK 4matic that wife owns. And to my taste it strikes a good balance between power and fuel efficiency. Nimble yet offers plenty of space for a small family and large cargo room with second row folded down. The leatherette interior is care free. No problems so far except for a burned out brake light. 4x4 warning light came up once, and went away by itself. Dealer cannot tell what's going on...

fun and power
By eladou on 03/17/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this 2007 X3 for 3 years without a single mechanical or electronic issue. At around 25,000 miles I had to replace the 4 tires because they were worn out. otherwise no issues. we loved it so much that we bought an 09 X3 at the end of the lease. It's been 6 months since the 09 X3 and no issues at all.

It's Great Driving a BMW
By mfpeters1 on 01/02/10 22:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this CPO 2007 model to move my wife out of mini vans. She instantly appreciated the sensation of driving a BMW. Acceleration is smooth and powerful and handling is exceptional. The cabin fits her well and gives her a great view of the road. The automatic transmission does take some getting used to; it shifts a little differently than most. We've had some some issues (for example, had to get the cylinder head replaced) but all were covered under warranty and included a 3 Series loaner car. Going the CPO route saves a lot of money while still getting great warranty. This is an excellent vehicle and a blast to drive.

Much better ride over 330i
By Louis Bailey, DC on 12/31/09 05:48 AM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Seventh BMW I have owned. I tried to take trips in my former BMW330i, however always felt like I was beat up. Now the good stuff, the X3 has just returned from our first 1,200 mile trip, comfort, power over mountains, 10% ethanol fuel in 3 states didn't produce a change in power but did drop fuel economy by one or so miles per gallon, average at 80mph and up to 90mph at times it creeps up there with ease, just under 21 mpg. I think this is a long term relationship, easier to get into and out of, the giant moon roof, Xdrive must be felt to appreciate the grip that is there. Screaming RED color tipped to this vehicle over another. Certified and 6yr~100,000m service and oil changes.

Best Buy EVER
By Michele on 12/30/09 15:16 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What you've heard is true. Once you drive a BMW, you will be hooked for life. I love driving the X3, so does my husband. His Acura MDX now gets very little action. He prefers the X3. Lots of power. Handles beautifully on Seattle's wet roads and in heavy traffic. Nice size to parallel park downtown.

Sports Car not SUV
By Mobile 12/28/09 on 12/29/09 02:38 AM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the X3 with Sports Package with 34K miles as a certified used car. The car is under warranty and still smells and looks like new but I paid 15K less than buying a new X3. The X3 drives and handles like a sports car. The 260HP engine is perfect. I drove Lexus RX, Acura RDX, Mercedes GLK and they do not come close to the X3 handling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.