Used 2007 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (99 reviews )

certifed used X3 in 2009
By cah13cah

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my X3 of a 3 year lease - dealer gave a certifed warranty until 50k miles. Mine has a the 6 speed manual trans w/3 litre engine many options (moonroof and MP3,etc) It drives great, but the orig sticker was about 45,000 and I paid much less. Maintenance on this car is exppensive - to replace one tire was $280 and BMW recommends only oil changes after 15,000 miles - much too long. It's a fun car to drive, habdles great and has some storage, but I do need lots of seats.

Favorite Features

by far, it's the accerlation - 70 mph in 3rd gear

BMW X3 is a driving experience
By sshazzam

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased X3 CPO. Looks brand new. It has lots of pep but I wouldn't mind about 20 more HP. The ride is smooth. I have to laugh at anyone that says this is a rough ride...they have obviously never driven a jeep or a truck. The seats (front and back) are comfy. Acceleration is smooth. Sound system is amazing. The front and rear collision detection is handy. The nav is pretty good. In fact the vehicle is almost flawless. The ONLY flaw that I dont like is about this suv is that the leg room for drivers right leg is reduced by a hump in the interior wall by the gas peddle. And it could use more storage. I have no where to put my sunglasses.

Favorite Features

The interior is very clean and classy looking. Good pep very intuitive controls xenon lights move around corners. great stereo panoramic sunroof nice heads up display classy exterior.

Suggested Improvements

I'd add a tad bit more HP. I'd like to see an overhead compartment for sunglasses and a slightly bigger center console. More drivers leg room on gas peddle site.

Do not buy a BMW x3
By Jesus Gonzalez

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have taken the x3 to the shop about 7 times for engine overheating problems / computer problems/ do not buy BMW x3 will bring you problems. Contacted BMW headquarters and they do not help. They don't care about the customer and if you run out of warranty you will have to pay $3,000 for an extended warranty or trade in the SUV. Not reliable/ my kids don't want to take trips/ left us stranded on I-35. BMW does not care!

Favorite Features

Body Design

Suggested Improvements

BMW should stand behind their products/ very unreliable/ I will never buy BMW again. People that care about reviews should listen and pick another brand!

Not a huge fan
By 1st time BMW

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW; so excited to get it and compared it to all mini-SUV models. Have had it six months and trading it; hubby and I loved to drive it; hate to ride in it. 6 year old gets car sick the ride is so rough. I loved the idea of a BMW, but have found perhaps I am not such a fan of German engineering after all. I wish it would have worked out. Plenty of power, we simply cannot handle the rough ride.

Favorite Features

Love how it hugs the road in curves; Bluetooth, fat steering wheel, joy of walking up to it knowing it's mine.

Suggested Improvements

Rough ride; cup holders; need to be able to see radio, a/c, etc while simultaneously looking at nav screen, not one or the other; dread the ride.

No COMPASS when hot
By Joseph

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In temps of 100, when you get in car, compass will not work. After car cools down, about 20 min, compass works fine. Taken for repair twice, & they say not showing up on computer, so they can't find problem, but I can, when temp is around 100. Our warranty runs out next month with 17,000 miles.