2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
DO NOT BUY BMW X3 READ THIS!
By gonzalez5 on 02/09/12 15:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2007 x3 and has been to the shop 7 times on top of the schedule maintenances. We were stranded on a major Hwy IH35- and had SUV towed twice for engine overheating, waterpump replaced, thermostat on another trip, brake pads at 33k miles, engine leaking at 55k miles (paid $600 to replace engine gaskets) , Engine coils replaced, computer reprogrammed for idle problems, door and roof seals letting air in (got very noisy) Buy one and you'll see what I'm talking about. The dealer and BMW will tell you this is NORMAL FOR A BMW!! or just go by their shop before you buy and it will be full of cars being serviced, I guarantee it!!

Great Car...So Fun To Drive!
By bbimmer7 on 01/09/12 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my Platinum Bronze Metallic X3 certified pre-owned in 2010. I've owned many cars, and exclusively SUV's (2 Grand Cherokees and a Toyota Highlander) since the early 90's and this is by far the best handling, best performing car I've ever owned. It accelerates like a dream. If you're buying one CPO, purchase the extended maintenance warranty. I've had several repairs after the "service soon" light came on, and they were all covered under the warranty. All around a great car, loaded with luxury features, and and exhilarating driving experience!

I love it but, it doesn't love me?!
By rachaelmac22 on 11/30/11 13:45 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought my X3 two years ago, at a great price and with 38,000 miles on it. It is my first suv and not my last. I love this car... it's fast, great looking and a great size (i'm 5'3) Only problem, it has been in the shop more then 8 times... thank goodness we got the extended warranty! New water pump, muffler, engine pistons and other misc items! If I didn't have the warranty and a loaner from my dealership I don't know what I would do. After almost 2 and a half years later, I am looking into a new suv (and not another bmw)

BMW engineers are not very clever
By vijayn on 10/10/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 X3. Keeps getting Service Engine light every 2000 miles. I bought it as certified pre owned in 2007 May. So far I have been to service for about 15 times (This is real number, not exaggeration). Dealer keeps saying they don't know what's wrong, they just do whatever BMW engineers tells them to do and looks like BMW engineers haven't been able to figure out what's wrog so far. Every time they find a new excuse on what's wrong. If they can't even find the reason behind such a small issue, one wonders about the accuracy of their claims towards their "intelligent" safety features - its probably just a claim.

certifed used X3 in 2009
By cah13cah on 07/29/11 05:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my X3 of a 3 year lease - dealer gave a certifed warranty until 50k miles. Mine has a the 6 speed manual trans w/3 litre engine many options (moonroof and MP3,etc) It drives great, but the orig sticker was about 45,000 and I paid much less. Maintenance on this car is exppensive - to replace one tire was $280 and BMW recommends only oil changes after 15,000 miles - much too long. It's a fun car to drive, habdles great and has some storage, but I do need lots of seats.

BMW X3 is a driving experience
By sshazzam on 07/05/11 23:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased X3 CPO. Looks brand new. It has lots of pep but I wouldn't mind about 20 more HP. The ride is smooth. I have to laugh at anyone that says this is a rough ride...they have obviously never driven a jeep or a truck. The seats (front and back) are comfy. Acceleration is smooth. Sound system is amazing. The front and rear collision detection is handy. The nav is pretty good. In fact the vehicle is almost flawless. The ONLY flaw that I dont like is about this suv is that the leg room for drivers right leg is reduced by a hump in the interior wall by the gas peddle. And it could use more storage. I have no where to put my sunglasses.

Do not buy a BMW x3
By Jesus Gonzalez on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have taken the x3 to the shop about 7 times for engine overheating problems / computer problems/ do not buy BMW x3 will bring you problems. Contacted BMW headquarters and they do not help. They don't care about the customer and if you run out of warranty you will have to pay $3,000 for an extended warranty or trade in the SUV. Not reliable/ my kids don't want to take trips/ left us stranded on I-35. BMW does not care!

Not a huge fan
By 1st time BMW on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW; so excited to get it and compared it to all mini-SUV models. Have had it six months and trading it; hubby and I loved to drive it; hate to ride in it. 6 year old gets car sick the ride is so rough. I loved the idea of a BMW, but have found perhaps I am not such a fan of German engineering after all. I wish it would have worked out. Plenty of power, we simply cannot handle the rough ride.

No COMPASS when hot
By Joseph on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In temps of 100, when you get in car, compass will not work. After car cools down, about 20 min, compass works fine. Taken for repair twice, & they say not showing up on computer, so they can't find problem, but I can, when temp is around 100. Our warranty runs out next month with 17,000 miles.

This car is a 4 wheel nightmare
By Michael on 08/26/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this absolute wreck of an automobile. The automatic transmission is a mess. My car has 60,000 mikes and has had the transfer case replaced, the rear and front differential, exhaust system and more. It spends at least a week in the shop every 3-4 months. BMW of NA is completely non- responsive as is the dealer. Without exception the worse car I have ever owned. This is my rid and last BMW. Do yourself a favor and get and Audi.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.