Used 2007 BMW X3 3.0si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (100 reviews )

I absolutely love my BMW!
By Katie

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So being the spoiled 16 year old that I am, my parents surprised me with this car before my birthday in December of last year. I absolutely love my car. When we bought it however, the radiator was busted and it was making some kind of ticking noise. We got that fixed. We kept the car in service and I haven't wrecked or anything. The car's rear tires were worn down when we bought the car so we replaced them. We didn't know at the time that when you buy an expensive car the the front and rear tires were two different sizes. So it messed the transfer case up. When they replaced that, the towing company bent my steering rack which is now throwing off some lights and one of my O2 sensors needs to be replaced. My local BMW dealership told me that once you replace one O2 sensor that you will have to replace the others, which I found out is a lie. But I also had my oil pan replaced, (it had an oil leak when we bought it), and I wouldn't recommend taking it to a place that "specializes" only on foreign made cars. They charged us $2,000 to fix it. One of the parts only costed $35 and the labor was $800. Other than what all has happened, the car is an outstanding car, I honestly don't want to get rid of it. I have 4 siblings. One is a baby and the car is able to fit his car seat in it just fine! The interior is amazing to clean. Mine is white with tan interior and it is easy to spill things on it. But it is also easy to clean. I absolutely love my car and I would recommend it to anyone.

Wonderful SAV
By archibaldg

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this wonderful vehicle for a few years. We bought it used with an aftermarket warranty to replace a MB C350. I am looking forward to getting in and driving it every day, even after a few years of ownership. In fact, I just realized HOW MUCH I love this car, after having to drive a truly horrible rental because my "baby" is in the body shop for some cosmetic repairs. The handling and power is phenomenal for a small SUV. I love the very firm suspension and the BMW sports seats are hands-down the best, most supportive seats in any vehicle I have ever driven. In fact the X3 inspired us to buy an 08 328i with very similar packages so we can seamlessly switch between a sedan an SUV.

This car has a wonderful, bulletproof power plant. In my opinion nothing beats a naturally aspirated BMW Inline Six! The Sports Seats are very comfortable and supportive, I can drive for seven or eight hours without back pain. The Nevada Leather interior has proven itself to be very durable and easy to maintain. Cargo space is good. The Panoramic Moonroof is always good for a Wow factor. I love the firm "un-SUV like" suspension.

My only complaints are that my 07 X3 came without Satellite Radio and rear AC. Otherwise this car is perfect!

DO NOT BUY BMW X3 READ THIS!
By gonzalez5

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2007 x3 and has been to the shop 7 times on top of the schedule maintenances. We were stranded on a major Hwy IH35- and had SUV towed twice for engine overheating, waterpump replaced, thermostat on another trip, brake pads at 33k miles, engine leaking at 55k miles (paid $600 to replace engine gaskets) , Engine coils replaced, computer reprogrammed for idle problems, door and roof seals letting air in (got very noisy) Buy one and you'll see what I'm talking about. The dealer and BMW will tell you this is NORMAL FOR A BMW!! or just go by their shop before you buy and it will be full of cars being serviced, I guarantee it!!

Interior and Exterior styling

Engine and all suppliers parts, gaskets, electric, seals, etc..

Great Car...So Fun To Drive!
By bbimmer7

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my Platinum Bronze Metallic X3 certified pre-owned in 2010. I've owned many cars, and exclusively SUV's (2 Grand Cherokees and a Toyota Highlander) since the early 90's and this is by far the best handling, best performing car I've ever owned. It accelerates like a dream. If you're buying one CPO, purchase the extended maintenance warranty. I've had several repairs after the "service soon" light came on, and they were all covered under the warranty. All around a great car, loaded with luxury features, and and exhilarating driving experience!

Handling (smooth-shifting automatic transmission and steering), panoramic moon-roof, supportive leather seats with power lumbar support, heated front and rear seats, genuine walnut interior trim, sound system, storage compartments galore, and the overall high-quality feel of the interior.

Make navigation and Xenon Headlight standard! The leather could be softer, as it is on certain other BMW's. The rear seats need more padding. Rear-visability isn't the greatest. No low gears for driving in the snow (which I refuse to do because of).

I love it but, it doesn't love me?!
By rachaelmac22

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought my X3 two years ago, at a great price and with 38,000 miles on it. It is my first suv and not my last. I love this car... it's fast, great looking and a great size (i'm 5'3) Only problem, it has been in the shop more then 8 times... thank goodness we got the extended warranty! New water pump, muffler, engine pistons and other misc items! If I didn't have the warranty and a loaner from my dealership I don't know what I would do. After almost 2 and a half years later, I am looking into a new suv (and not another bmw)

speed, ride, exterior look, lights, moonroof, sound system and seats

build them better please....