2006 BMW X3 Consumer Review: X3 Rebuttal

2006 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

X3 Rebuttal
By Tanya on

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Previous car - 1998 4-door BMW M3. Though this car can't compare, it's a fun vehicle to drive. It's roomier than the M3, handles fairly well, has a higher ground clearance. Has Luxury yet not overly done, clean lines. Haven't had it long enough to experience any problems, but I had my M3 for 6 years before problems started popping up. I expect to have this one just as long. 4-years maintenance was too attractive to pass up. Test drove many SUVs (at least 10 cars); the rides were close, but BMW had the maintenance and the tighter steering. I don't mind a stiffer ride if I can feel the road. This isn't a smooth-car ride.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, MP3 Player. I can put 6+ CDs of music on a single CD. Tight suspension, very responsive driving.I love the standard features and options: MP3 player, satellite radio, (don't need the 6-disc CD), leather, blue-tooth for my cell - no problem making phone calls with the button on the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Give just a little more LCD for display. Have to toggle between radio, time, satellite, phone, etc. Would like to have more displayed at the same time. Just a little more room for back-seat passengers (less cargo). Not a good drive for 4 adults for a long trip.