After 3 year lease, had to buy it!
By John in Pittsburgh on
2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
After 35K miles, my assessment of this well-designed vehicle is you get what you pay for. It is not a sports car, so don't expect it to drive like a 3 series sedan, but then again, it doesn't drive like a truck either. The handling is still more impressive than a lot of cars, especially considering it's an SUV (er, sorry BMW marketing guys... "SAV"). It's not a luxury car, so don't buy it if you're looking for a smooth, refined ride. However, if you want something that is truly fun to drive, yet also has a practical side (meaning you can actually give rides to adults and shop at The Home Depot) the X3 is a great choice. I constantly get genuine compliments from friends who own luxury sedans.
Favorite Features
Panoramic moon roof is always a hit with anyone I give rides to. Open the roof, put down the windows and it feels like you're in a convertible. Reversible flooring in trunk and adjustable tie-down hooks are very useful, as is the Bluetooth connectivity. I have to admit I really like the 18" wheels.
Suggested Improvements
I really like the functionality of the Bluetooth feature, but it can be very flaky if not paired with a recommended phone, and I was told that doing so can cause permanent damage to the computer system. There are no firmware updates to fix the problem, so don't bother buying a newer BlackBerry. :(
By rbdeli61
on 08/19/11 11:23 AM (PDT)

That's the problem with leasing BMWs. They are expensive, but those of us who drive them tend to want to keep them. These things require some maintenance, but they are intended to drive for 200,000 miles. BMW Lease Deals