Used 2006 BMW X3 3.0i SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW X3 SUV

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (50 reviews )

BMW X3
By Bimmer Doc

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One heck of great car to drive. Solid and very responsive. Not like the usual SUVs. No problems at all so far.

Steptronic automatic. Great cornering.

Some increase in fuel economy.

On top as usual
By BMW.Nick

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, it's no surprise that the X3 has not let me down. It is, as with every BMW offered, the best in its class. No other SUV can touch the X3 mainly because it's an SAV... there's a huge difference. Homerun! The only other small SUV I'd own is an 07 X3!!

Incredible handling and the surprising cargo capacity. And who can forget the panoramic moonroof?!

None

I still love it
By Scott

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Germany and have had it up to 120 mph on the autobahn. even at that speed it handled like a dream. it seems to get its best mileage at around 70 mph on the highway. My last vehicle was a Nissan Pathfinder and I thought I would miss the extra space that it provided. I have had no issues with the cargo room with this car, even with two small children.

I love the heated seats. I did not think it would be as big of a deal as I do now.

The navigation system needs to be more user friendly and intuitive to use. It is hard to see what route you are supposed to take if the screen is using the blue color scheme. It takes a while and does not stick out but the route is marked in white and it blends in with the map.

Great SAV/SUV!!!
By vegawoo

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I've bought so far. I love this car. It is really a luxury car with the capabilities of a sports and utility vehicle but small for easy loading and driving.

The interior, the sports package, the AWD, the numerous safety features, the cold package, and the sound system are fantastic.

There isn't much I would change w/ this car other than the price, but I got what I'd paid for.

2006 BMW X3
By carboy

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you want the smoothest x3 ride avoid the sport package and stick with the 17" higher profile tires. The handling is still great. This is all the advantages of a truck in a package that drives like a sports car. Nav system is easy to use and pops up out of the top of the dash. Upgraded sound sytem sould be a little better but isn't bad. Seats and driving position are great but the bottom line is the x3 is just plain old fun to drive.