2006 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (47 reviews )
I'm very happy
By 05x3 on 12/31/05 16:46 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my X3 3.0 in March 2005. This vehicle has everything I need. Besides a few small problems the car works fine. This the the 4th BMW I've owned. I live in downtown Chicago and this is an ideal vehicle for city driving. Great turning radius!

2006 BMW X3
By Tanya on 12/05/05 18:32 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Previous car: 1998 M3 (manual trans). It's not in the same league but I had to slow down anyway. The car still gives me a good feel of the road, handles very well, is stylish, and is well appointed. A definitely classy SUV compared with all others on the road. I've had it for 30 days and put 3400 miles on it. Drives great and I can only assume I'll love it for the next 6 years as I did my M3. And I like the 4- year no-maintenance costs. I bought it off the lot with the ZPP Premium package, cold-weather package, xenon headlights, and automatic transmission. Had to buy a bluetooth-capable phone, but it's worth it! Phone calls are very clear through the speaker system. No complaints.

The 2006 BMW X3 - wow
By drakec1 on 11/13/05 01:12 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow!!! I love this vehicle. I have the silver gray metallic with the black and terra cotta interior. It drives like a sport sedan, but with a higher view like a SUV. The interior is very well done and easy to clean. I have the auxillary input for my iPod, and with the upgraded stereo, the sound is fantastic. I had a 2004 Acura TL, but this summer I hydroplaned and wanted to replace it with something all-wheel drive and more like a SUV without giving up the sportier/more luxurious side of driving. I could not have asked for anything better. The only...and I repeat, only downside is the fuel economy.

X3 Rebuttal
By Tanya on 11/11/05 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Previous car - 1998 4-door BMW M3. Though this car can't compare, it's a fun vehicle to drive. It's roomier than the M3, handles fairly well, has a higher ground clearance. Has Luxury yet not overly done, clean lines. Haven't had it long enough to experience any problems, but I had my M3 for 6 years before problems started popping up. I expect to have this one just as long. 4-years maintenance was too attractive to pass up. Test drove many SUVs (at least 10 cars); the rides were close, but BMW had the maintenance and the tighter steering. I don't mind a stiffer ride if I can feel the road. This isn't a smooth-car ride.

BMW X3
By njp62 on 11/08/05 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I love it, comfortable, fun to drive.

2006 BMW X3 (purchased 10/22/2006)
By Pierce on 11/05/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With the 2006 iteration of the X3, the gray cladding is gone from the front end. A matching painted from end with repositioned fog lights has dramatically improved the aesthetics of the vehicle. Our X3 has been driven some 800 miles, and over these miles the vehicle has performed flawlessly. The quality and finish on this factory ordered X3 is first class. The handling is superb. The X-Drive works to make driving in water-filled pitted lanes far less demanding of the driver. The X3 isn't an M3 when it comes to handling, but is IMHO handily superior to the offerings by other SUV marques. Overall, the X3 is quality and value under $50k.

X3
By Mrs. Kimbrough on 10/23/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There a too many malfunctions with the X3; 1) doors do not unlock and lock - intermittent. 2) Sunroof does not close completely - intermittent 3) Flat tire light stays on when tires have been checked by the dealer. 4) Jerks in 3rd gear. 5) Not roomy enough. 6) Does not give the BMW feel/lacks quality overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.