2006 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (47 reviews )
Fine Machine
By vrrooom on 05/20/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Driving car, and as a replacement for a ML V8, a great substitute. Handles as well as my other 3 series coupe, keeps up with traffic and delivers over 22 mpg in combined driving to date.

Amazing All-Around
By X3 from PA on 05/11/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had planned for months to get the new 330xi, but when I walked into the dealship and saw a Black Sapphire BMW X3, fully loaded, and with Terracotta seats, I didn't have to think twice about which car to purchase. Overall, the X3 is the best of both worlds. Smaller than the X5 and more versatile than a 3 series. The drive is amazing, it feels almost like a car. Obviously there is more body roll than a 3 series, but far less than an X5. In short, it gets me and all my friends and things to wherever I need to go...fast.

My first BMW ever, love it, love it!!!!!
By FrankieGNY on 05/04/06 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything I expected and a lot more! I think it was a great deal, considering that it is a BMW! Two weeks and 700 miles, defective Sirius radio replaced in 30 minutes, works fine now, no other problems! There is no need to pay for the optional Sirius unit, the factory radio is preset for Sirius and all you need to do is to activate the service! Handling is awesome, ride is great, I don't think it's too stiff. May be I have not tried hard enough but I have not been able to push it to its limit in the corners. Gas mileage is a little low in NYC. Somehow my left leg is never comfortable.

One of the best luxury SUVs out there
By mysecretavatar on 04/26/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

X3 is a perfect all-weather luxury SUV with many safety features: front airbags, chest airbags for front passengers, head protection side curtain airbags, ABS, stability control, AWD, daytime running lights, flat tire warning system & telematics assistance. X3 rides comfortably but not softly & it handles better than all other SUVs I’ve driven, including Cayenne, XC90, ML350, RX & GX. Noise & vibration are well-controlled. Interior quality is great & it’s significantly better than those in XC90 & ML350. It’s roomy for 4 passengers but 5 is a tight fit. Reliability is great. Mileage is not good: 12 mpg overall with mostly city driving & a range of 17 to 20 miles per gallon on highways.

Thrilled w/our X3!
By Hollow Road on 04/16/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far I could not be more satisfied and pleased with our 06 BMW X3. Ultra-sumptious interior, striking exterior and amazing smooth ride make this a great vehicle. Our 2 bulldogs love the roomy rear area, too.

My First BMW
By Keith on 04/13/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I originally was looking at the Mercedes ML350 but, I wanted a German made automobile. I'm very glad I chose the BMW X3. Man, is this car fun to drive. This car handles the road extremely well. Is very comfortable inside and also has plenty room. The quality of the leather interior is amazing. When sitting inside you know you are in a luxury car. Hats off to BMW - this is a top notch automobile.

Great Bang for the Buck
By G Lo on 04/09/06 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife needed to replace her Mini Cooper with a bigger, safer car for our new baby. She loved this car mostly for the looks, but she's been driving it for a few weeks and LOVES it. It's incredibly easy to drive, has outstanding power, terrific maneuverability, and has handled the rare L.A. rainy season with ease. There is also plenty of room in the back, especially with the seats folded down. The only disappointing thing is the gas mileage. I expected it to be low, but we're below 14 MPG, including some highway driving. Ouch.

Superb
By dharods on 02/13/06 16:12 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's surely the Ultimate Driving Machine. It has a very quiet ride even at high speeds. All the controls, switches, cup-holders are very thoughtfully placed throughout the interior of the vehicle. I get 21 MPG on highways which is comparable to any other of its class.

Love this vehicle ...
By Troy on 01/22/06 21:24 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an incredible vehicle in every way. I wanted a sports car but needed an SUV - this is the absolute best blend on the planet. I have the Sports Pkg - the seats fit like a glove and the handling is awesome.

Very Nice
By jjluc77 on 01/08/06 21:03 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first German car. I have always had Nissan, Toyota, and Honda. Therefore, I love reliability. We got this car on a whim. So far it is outstanding! The drivability is awesome! Handles like a sport sedan and offers plenty of interior space. We love the safety features and secure feeling while driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.