2006 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (47 reviews )
Great SAV/SUV!!!
By vegawoo on 09/09/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I've bought so far. I love this car. It is really a luxury car with the capabilities of a sports and utility vehicle but small for easy loading and driving.

2006 BMW X3
By carboy on 09/08/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you want the smoothest x3 ride avoid the sport package and stick with the 17" higher profile tires. The handling is still great. This is all the advantages of a truck in a package that drives like a sports car. Nav system is easy to use and pops up out of the top of the dash. Upgraded sound sytem sould be a little better but isn't bad. Seats and driving position are great but the bottom line is the x3 is just plain old fun to drive.

BMW X3
By Buddy_1616 on 07/24/06 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling as good as a sports car. Rear seats are way too rigid - not comfortable at all. This car is for city drive, not a real off-roader.

2006 X3
By sfishman on 07/24/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is one of the best cars I've ever had and I've had a lot. The only complaint is its gas mileage which I know can be better. Other than that the care is very well built. The aluminum wheels also need to get better, they pit very easily.

I love it!
By crystal benton on 07/08/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's the best investment I made in years!! It's a great car for my son and me. Lots of space. I had lots of different cars in the past as well as driven other cars, but this car handles the road very well! Within the next 5 years my next purchase will be the 5-series.

Great SAV - BUT......
By Andrew on 06/18/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my 2006 BMW X3 3.0i AWD here in Germany - beautiful vehicle with surprisingly useful amenities - (i.e. partial opening sun-roof shade for ventilation when closed). Drives wonderfully, handles well & looks great (blue)... however BMW makes you purchase almost EVERY option they make. The only exception are the options finally included from previous years. I drove my SAV 2,000 miles in 10 days around Germany, Italy & France through the Alps & even hit snow in June! It drove great, but only averaged about 20 MPG. My 1989 BMW 735i with 120,000 miles on it averaged 21 MPG. You'd think they would make an engine with better MPG in 17 years! NAV is slow and easily confused - Road noise is LOUD. Autobahn speeds of 120 MPH - you had to almost YELL in the car!! Windy, forget talking!

Wonderful
By swyner on 06/17/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 325xi which was a great car but this is more fun to drive. For a small SUV it is great to own and drive. I would buy one again.

06 X3
By ctown on 06/07/06 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had an 04 X3 that was totaled in a side impact accident from which I walked away relatively unscathed. So, when time came to replace it, I didn't hesitate to get another. I love this SUV. It's a joy to drive to work everyday. The drawbacks are the inability to get the iPod dock or navigation system if you have the satellite radio installation. Another problem are the pirelli tires, I've had to replace three. They seem to have extremely weak sidewalls.

X3 sleeper
By Bruce on 06/03/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've heard the ad's for the "ultimate driving machine". I've had many autos over the years. This X3 handles like a coupe, has all the luxury features I wanted. THIS CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE. I look forward to entering the cockpit to spin the key. The gas mileage is a little thirstier then I would've liked. Buy it, you'll grin.

Excellent
By Serdar on 05/28/06 05:01 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this SUV for two months now. It has been great so far. It drives like a sports car w/SUV seating. For some people ride might be little stiff but this suspension setting gives it a better handling capability. It is well built and well designed. If you are very particular about what options and configurations you want on this, I suggest placing a special order. I have mine built the way I wanted and it took from order to delivery about 5 weeks. Fun part is, you get to follow your cars production cycle on the web.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.