2006 BMW X3
By Tanya on
2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Previous car: 1998 M3 (manual trans). It's not in the same league but I had to slow down anyway. The car still gives me a good feel of the road, handles very well, is stylish, and is well appointed. A definitely classy SUV compared with all others on the road. I've had it for 30 days and put 3400 miles on it. Drives great and I can only assume I'll love it for the next 6 years as I did my M3. And I like the 4- year no-maintenance costs. I bought it off the lot with the ZPP Premium package, cold-weather package, xenon headlights, and automatic transmission. Had to buy a bluetooth-capable phone, but it's worth it! Phone calls are very clear through the speaker system. No complaints.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth built-in for hands-free calling. Great sunroof and multi-positional seats. Nice cargo capacity. Flip-down rear seats. Easily accommodates long-legged front-seat passengers. Standard sound system is decent - works well with satellite radio. Good feel of the road. Great adaptive headlights.
Suggested Improvements
Not enough cupholders in front. Would like a convenient 110-v powerport, an option to replace ash tray with useable space, an option to remove center console (for purse). Not good for long-legged rear passengers. A pull-down strap for rear liftgate and under-the-seat storage would be nice.