Used 2005 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X3 SUV

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Great SUV
By Steve

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW X3 has great styling and sporty ride. I can't wait to drive it in the snow.

Favorite Features

Much better styling than other SUVs. Smooth, comfortable ride. Heated seats and moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy or a high mpg hybrid version.

My first BMW!
By BarbaraB

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a LONG time for this BMW..I wanted a smaller suv, always dreamed of owning a BMW, and fell in love with the X3 the first time I saw it. It's great looking, but I never expected it to be SO much fun to drive! This is my dream car. Gas mileage? Not bad... but the ride and handling alone have made me a BMW owner for life. Excuse my excitement, but every time I get into my X3, all I can think is....."I'm driving a BMW..finally!"

Favorite Features

BMW ride, huge moonroof

Suggested Improvements

none..really!

X3 3.0
By Bob

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 325 sedan years ago which was perfect but, with family needs, I needed a bigger car (Navigator which I still have and use). But I had to get back to the BMW 3 series. The X3 seems like a perfect marriage of many worlds - its large but its compact, its fun but its safe, its fast but gets decent mileage, its a single passenger vehicle that is also for a family, its well made but not outrageously priced. The car feels like I'm glued to a track. The engine sounds are great. I love it.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, trunk, engine sounds and smoothness, seats heat quickly

Suggested Improvements

Drivers side view mirror should downward tilt when backing up like passenger side mirror, all cars should have a backup alarm standard

sporty suv
By vic leb

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Trailblazer for a more fuel efficient car. I love the stiff handling. Almost as if I am in my own personal roller coaster. The leather seats hug the driver and the simple yet classy interior make the driver feel like he is in the cock pit of a sports car. Love my new ride and find the engine to be quite responsive with decent gas milage

Favorite Features

sport suspension, responsive steering

Suggested Improvements

more interior room

X3
By George

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a very fun to drive SUV. More carlike in its attitude with great traction in rain and snow.

Favorite Features

x-Drive fast and secure at high speeds Styling huge sunroof Great standard sound system

Suggested Improvements

Ride is a bit choppy on rough roads. Fuel economy is low plus. Premium fuel required. Better cupholders. Time for standard xenon headlight BMW! Soften up the suspension a little bit.