2005 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
My X3
By Kenneth Lowrie on 07/15/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I love SUV's. My earlier car was a Ford Explorer. This smaller vehicle is far superior for the city driving I do. I don't particularly like the fact that I have to use premium gasoline, but with the good fuel mileage I get it's really not that much more expensive to operate. It handles wonderfully and is fun to drive.

WOW
By Eric Morteson on 07/09/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this car handles wonderfully. We had a huge snow storm, and we all felt safe in our X3.the interior of the car is very nice. We have owned Saabs,Hondas,Audis,and Mercedes, and we have never had a car this good.We will commit our car business now to BMW. Also the dealership was very nice to us, and gave us a great price on the car

First Impressions are lasting
By Bham on 07/02/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded an 98 Infiniti I30 for the X3. Always driven sedans but the X3 sold me on its practicality, fun to drive factor, and design. Solid feeling, spacious, engine growls!, perfect height for my 5' wife. Expensive but worth it. Very impressed!

Super Mid Sized SUV
By DavidJ on 07/02/05 08:32 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We traded a Mercedes ML 500 for an X3 3.0 a month ago and couldn't be happier with the change. The X3 handles fantastically and is a blast to drive. It has the tight finish quality that the American made Mercedes lacked and it carries as much cargo as the ML. Ours was delivered with a faulty navigation computer, but this is being fixed and it doesn't affect the operation of the car. Our only wish is that we bought the X3 sooner!

Best Car
By John Jinglehammer on 07/01/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Rode very well. Perfect amount of horsepower.

BETTER THAN THE REST
By Noah on 06/23/05 00:53 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Really love my X-3. It is the right size for me. I hate large SUV's and the other SUV's in the size category can be seen everywhere!! I went to the mall one day and came out only to find five Black Infinity FX's in the same row!! Love the look of the X-3. I get alot of stares. The power is perfect and I can still park in all garages. Quality of the craftmenship has been great. Buy something else if you want ugly styling or an SUV that nearly everybody has(i.e the Lexus.) This is my first BMW and I won't be going to any other brand in the future!!!

Great car to drive
By JB on 06/14/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Audi A4 and was unsure how the transition to a SUV would be but the X3 has not let me down! It is wonderful, fun, comfortable and handles well. For those of you looking for a truck that drives like a car, this is the one for you!

Pretty good - a few faults
By Miami BMW Girl on 06/11/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great drive and awesome performance! Had some problems with CD player and some interior finishes. Don't lock yourself out - no way to open the doors without a key or being towed to dealership for reprogramming. I had to break my own rear window to get into my car when I locked myself out.

The little SUV that does it all.
By Dr. Den on 06/06/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great little all around fun drive. It can haul my wife two large dogs and me and still have room for garden plants. With the fold down back seats and an open sun roof my wife can visit most of the garage sales in our area without having to stop to unload.

Great SUV!!
By marij17 on 06/02/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '04 X3 for about a year and I absolutely love it! Fun car to drive, very reliable, great maintenance program, handles great in snow and rain and nice peppy engine for merging onto highways. It sure beats the VW I sold to get the X3!