2005 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
X3 3.0
By Bob on 10/07/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 325 sedan years ago which was perfect but, with family needs, I needed a bigger car (Navigator which I still have and use). But I had to get back to the BMW 3 series. The X3 seems like a perfect marriage of many worlds - its large but its compact, its fun but its safe, its fast but gets decent mileage, its a single passenger vehicle that is also for a family, its well made but not outrageously priced. The car feels like I'm glued to a track. The engine sounds are great. I love it.

sporty suv
By vic leb on 10/02/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Trailblazer for a more fuel efficient car. I love the stiff handling. Almost as if I am in my own personal roller coaster. The leather seats hug the driver and the simple yet classy interior make the driver feel like he is in the cock pit of a sports car. Love my new ride and find the engine to be quite responsive with decent gas milage

X-3 RIDES LIKE A TRUCK
By BOB SEELOS on 09/15/05 14:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 25,000 miles on my Bmw X-3 AWD with the 3.0 engine. The reliability is excellent and i have had no maintenance problems. The ride of the car is the big issue. I have this as a leased vehicle for 36 months and I can hardly wait for the 36th month. I have even tried to trade this car for a different BMW at the dealer but getting out of a lease is too expensive. The car rides like a truck-especially in the rear seat. I feel sorry for those who have to sit back there so I usually take a different car if anyone has to sit back there. The leather seats in the rear are uncomfortable too. The people in the rear are bumped up and down even on smooth roads.

Best mid-size SUV yet
By X3 - manic on 09/08/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I decided to replace my 2-yr old Jeep Liberty with a sportier SUV, and found the perfect choice with the X3 3.0i. It is the perfect balance between function and luxury, not as soft and plush as the Lexus and not as utilitarian as the Subaru Forester. Handles like a BMW 3-series and has the hauling capacity of the Jeep liberty.

Besy Performance SAV
By Rental EXP on 08/07/05 05:03 AM (PDT)

Outstanding Ext./Int. design and with one of the best 3.0 engine in the world

New for 2005
By Owmerof2005X3 on 08/03/05 08:48 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Although it has not been publicized, the 2005 X3 got a completely new suspension making it a much smoother reider than the 2004. Mine has the standard suspension and it is hard enough. The choice of tires is also important and the OEM Michelins ride far better and soother than the OEM Bridgestones which were rated as less than safe in the wet by Tirerack. Note that the cars are delivered with less than perfect alignment and when checked at an independant source, it was found so out of alignmemnt that it took the dealer hours to realign under warranty. Other than that the car has performed flawlessly and the assembly quality is better than on the X5, very much Austria built! Great car.

Stiff Ride
By DJ on 08/01/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

very stiff ride without sport package. I wonder if the tires make a difference. Mine has Michelins.

nice for an suv
By heather on 07/30/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a 3 series for this car and the extra space is great. I miss the handling of my 3 series but I like the compact nature of this SUV. Highly rec not getting the sport package as it is way too stiff. I also feel that this car, even with the 3.0, is not as powerful as it should be. We are a BMW family and it is hard to be fair comparing it to a sedan, but it is great for our growing family. I also like my installed DVD's in the headrests.

I'll keep it
By srq on 07/30/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Performance and quality top notch. Ride rough on rough roads.

Nice Little Beauty
By PaulV on 07/29/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I also have a 2004 330i, so I was expecting my little X3 3.0 to be a smoker too. Well...I know its not a fair comparison since it is encumbered by some extra weight and the drag of an all-wheel-drive system. I was just expecting a little more POP. Nevertheless, this the most fun to drive and nimble SUV I tested. Definitely handles like my sedan and gives me the same sporty feel. And - without a doubt in my opinion - the best looking SUV on the road - well...except for maybe the X5.