Used 2005 BMW X3 3.0i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Love Love Love Love It....
By bmwgirl

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at the X3 on the advice of a friend who had one. I will never buy another car again. This is a fun, reliable car that is a blast to drive. It handles like any other BMW I have had the pleasure of driving. It is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine... the X3 is meant to be driven. I love the blue tooth option, hands free cell phone with my son in the car. It's great. An excellent choice for moms on the go.

Favorite Features

The size of the moon roof is great with kids. The stereo sounds great and the blue tooth technology is highly recommended. Very roomy backseat for its size. My son knows when I am coming from the sound of the motor - how cool.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything else this car could need.

Disappointed
By alex

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is not built very well - it has developed all sorts squeaks, creaks and rattles. The ride is very firm, even a slightest road irregularity gives you a hard jolt. The cargo capacity is surprisingly low, although the car does not look too small. I would not buy this car again and would not recommend it to anyone else.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, ride comfort, fuel economy.

X 3
By Bob t

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice SAV ride could be a little softer, great handling, good traction interior dash could use some improvement (looks) gas mileage ok. This is a performance SUV.

Favorite Features

great handling

Suggested Improvements

ride is too stiff

Fun to drive, room to spare
By jaaX3

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Buy the X3 if you are looking for utility and fun! I haul my dog and my wife's shopping bags almost daily. It is also my daily driver to work. I can get there in style and have fun with it. It has AMAZING handling. This SAV has good punch to it, too. The only bad thing I would say is the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

NAV, styling, sportiness, handling, heated seats, auto headlights, roominess in the rear

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage!

Love it ....but..
By SONYA

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great to drive, well built, but way to complicated gadget wise. If one were to learn to operate everything this vehicle has without repeated references to the manual, one would be qualified to pilot a 747. Setting radio stations required over an hour of poring over the manual. Give me an AC system where I can set the vents and fan speed and not have the computer change it every minute. My husband was seriously considering buying one for himself, but has now changed his mind.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, handling. Those are the important things. The rest is bells and whistles

Suggested Improvements

Simplify, simplify, simplify. Or at least provide the ability to manually set all functions.