2005 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Goodbye Trailblazer, 4ever.
By Jack Schofield on 12/20/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A pleasure to drive. Quick, nimble, safe, efficient, comfortable, sounds great, looks great, smells great. Better Me Walk is not so true. BMW For Life. If people do their research, they will know that the X3 has a stiff ride. It is a small performance truck. DUH!!!!!!!!

Nothing to get excited about
By H. Gleeksman on 12/18/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a noisy, uncomfortable vehicle with nothing to recommend it except for sitting up high. Its power is ordinary; its ride is noisy and rough. It has a strange rattle in the sunroof. After all is said and done it is over-priced, too.

first time Beemer fan for life!
By Tom Beemer on 11/24/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

G-friend turned me on to bmw! I wanted the utility space, high sitting position and a sport like performance. This car, like the write ups states, is the car to get! Only draw backs: the arm rests - slightly slanted downward my arm never finds comfort. The leg room seems a bit confining - however with all the adjustments it all works out! Gas fuel economy is not too bad if you are patient at 55 mph. I have clocked 29 mpg on the h-way! Usual combined city/ hway: 21 - 24 in a 3L engine with 224 hp - that rocks!

Fun, reliable and good gas milage
By Joe on 11/08/05 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traded a Lexus RX300 for the BMW. The BMW is far more nimble and fun to drive. My gas mileage has been great, 18 to 20 in town and 25 to 26 on the highway. The BMW is not as quiet or luxurious as the Lexus but has more room behind the rear seat and the seats are more comfortable (still pretty hard though). My only complaint is that the interior is dfficult to keep clean. The dash and synthetic seats look tough but show every spec of dust. Advice: don't get the black interior.

X3 Rating
By Kenneth Lowrie on 11/08/05 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The only objection I have to this vehicle is the need to use premium fuel. However, maybe that's necessary because of the outstanding engineering.

Great SUV
By Steve on 11/06/05 17:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW X3 has great styling and sporty ride. I can't wait to drive it in the snow.

My first BMW!
By BarbaraB on 10/07/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a LONG time for this BMW..I wanted a smaller suv, always dreamed of owning a BMW, and fell in love with the X3 the first time I saw it. It's great looking, but I never expected it to be SO much fun to drive! This is my dream car. Gas mileage? Not bad... but the ride and handling alone have made me a BMW owner for life. Excuse my excitement, but every time I get into my X3, all I can think is....."I'm driving a BMW..finally!"

X3 3.0
By Bob on 10/07/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 325 sedan years ago which was perfect but, with family needs, I needed a bigger car (Navigator which I still have and use). But I had to get back to the BMW 3 series. The X3 seems like a perfect marriage of many worlds - its large but its compact, its fun but its safe, its fast but gets decent mileage, its a single passenger vehicle that is also for a family, its well made but not outrageously priced. The car feels like I'm glued to a track. The engine sounds are great. I love it.

sporty suv
By vic leb on 10/02/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Trailblazer for a more fuel efficient car. I love the stiff handling. Almost as if I am in my own personal roller coaster. The leather seats hug the driver and the simple yet classy interior make the driver feel like he is in the cock pit of a sports car. Love my new ride and find the engine to be quite responsive with decent gas milage

X3
By George on 09/20/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a very fun to drive SUV. More carlike in its attitude with great traction in rain and snow.