2005 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
X 3
By Bob t on 04/19/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice SAV ride could be a little softer, great handling, good traction interior dash could use some improvement (looks) gas mileage ok. This is a performance SUV.

Fun to drive
By Rayneman on 03/21/06 18:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive a little bumpy but not bad. Fuel economy isnt as good as I hoped but better then others. Overall like the car funt to drive will probably buy another BMW.

Fun to drive, room to spare
By jaaX3 on 02/25/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Buy the X3 if you are looking for utility and fun! I haul my dog and my wife's shopping bags almost daily. It is also my daily driver to work. I can get there in style and have fun with it. It has AMAZING handling. This SAV has good punch to it, too. The only bad thing I would say is the gas mileage.

Love it ....but..
By SONYA on 02/18/06 14:20 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great to drive, well built, but way to complicated gadget wise. If one were to learn to operate everything this vehicle has without repeated references to the manual, one would be qualified to pilot a 747. Setting radio stations required over an hour of poring over the manual. Give me an AC system where I can set the vents and fan speed and not have the computer change it every minute. My husband was seriously considering buying one for himself, but has now changed his mind.

Blue Water~~
By Betsey on 02/12/06 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I so love my x3~~had an x5 and felt it was bigger, slower and boxier. This is a fun car for everyone!

SUV like a sedan
By Greg on 02/11/06 23:39 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If somebody doesn't need a roomy SUV X3 is a great choice. Very good performance and handling. Nice exterior design. Fantastic x-drive system makes it really safe on every road. Driving feels like being behind a sedan wheel.

Great car--except...
By 05 x3 3.0 on 01/29/06 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, except it is tight in the back with three adults. Drives perfectly, and handles more like a sedan then an SUV. This is a bigger and more fun version of the 3-series. Same great handling as the little 3 but with all the fun of an SUV. Haven`t tested it out too much in the snow, but I am looking forward to the challenge. 4 years free maintenance is ALSO great..

Pure fun and excitement
By S. Young on 01/28/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A family of four, we live at 9000 feet in the Colorado Rockies. This vehicle has plenty of power, top end speed, and cornering ability. Very sure footed on ice and snow. The hill descent control works great on steep and winding snow packed roads. The cargo area, while small, holds a surprising amount of stuff. The xenon lights are great for illuminating elk and deer along the road and peeking around corners further than normal lights. It makes the 70 mile round trip to work everyday through a winding canyon a pleasure. I would highly recommend this car for the mountains. The body of an SUV and the soul of a sports car.

love my beamer
By yasercheema on 01/25/06 14:14 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent overall performance, its dependable, reliable, gives great mileage on the highway for a suv.

Wish it used less gas
By yetialan on 12/29/05 22:56 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow what a great car/truck/suv. I would expect it to get better gas mileage since it is based on a car platform. Awesome ride and handling and what an amazing sunroof. Got the red leather interior. Interesting no one has it so it looks sharp. Easy navigation system. Not that much room in the trunk area but certainly enough. Feels rock solid on the road and safe. Memory seating build into key fob has to be one of the best features along with heated steering wheel. Great sunroof. It sure holds its value. Hope this helps. Thanks