Used 2005 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X3 SUV

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Fun in the Sun
By Old&Restless

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very good experience. Excellent handling and a safe drive in snow & ice. I have about 5000 miles on the car and had no problems whatsoever. This machine is finely engineered and does not remind me that I am in an SUV, except through its amazing x-drive and a high seating position. In addition, with the high residual value and low leasing rates, this car is a steal, especially compared to similarly priced cars.

Favorite Features

Sunroof - truly makes the car a cabrio! PDC - Originally I didn't want park distance control but it saved me from scrapes several times Handling - truly outstanding - it actually inspires self-confidence in the driver

Suggested Improvements

Windshield wipers - flimsy could be much more substantial Back of the car design - could be more defined Dashboard - too much minimalist plastic - could use an overhaul

Good Car
By Bubba

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive great car for running around, easy access to trunk to throw things in like a 5th door.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

little bumpy ride on rough roads

fun car
By cb

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Maybe not the most practical car of all time (especially if you need a lot of cargo space) but has all the features I want. It is really fun to drive while at the same time providing some of the features of an SUV -- all wheel drive and a good view of the road. Handles a lot better than any other SUV I've driven, including the X5. Back seat is big enough to seat adults comfortably, which is not true of all the competition (e.g., Lexus). And I love the huge moonroof.

Favorite Features

Huge moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Spend a lttle more and give us a knob to tune the radio with!

Our First Bimmer
By eg

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Our car is new, so my review is based on first impressions. The BMW X3 3.0l, is a great SUV that offers many standard option. I find the vehicle easy to drive and handle, this coming from someone who has always driven small sedans. I love the moonroof (very big) and the car key memory feature. I only have to open the car with my personal key, and the car readjusts the seat and the mirrors to my personal settings. My one con would be that the interior would look better with more wood trim then what is available.

Favorite Features

car key memory moonroof

Suggested Improvements

needs more wood trim.

Best I've Owned
By Nancy Benson

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Looked at the 2.5 in the 2004 model. Waited and bought the 3.0 2005 model which included more options and priced better this second model year. This is an SUV that drives like a sedan with plenty of storage/hauling room in the back. I am very happy with the interior quality also. The handling is great... was amazing during the winter months. Would own two of these! Not only does the X3 hug the road, handle great, have great pick-up, but it is sooo much fun to drive. If you are hestitant to buy this, don't be.. it will not disappoint.